Ausmini
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:02 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 11:02 pm 
1098cc
1098cc

If it has been registered in any state, it can be registered. All you need is a rego or vin number. Been there done that.
The vin is stamped in the channel where rear bonnnet rubber seal fits. A real dick of a place to see.

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 9:29 am 
848cc
848cc

There is a bit of a trick to importing these but the issue is who can compliance them. OzCooper is the only guy here who can compliance the 97-00 cars but there is a place in Sydney and Brisbane (I think) who can compliance the older cars.

According to SEVS register 078/01, 1992 - 00 cars (all injection models) are eligible however there is a section at the bottom 'Basis for eligibility' where it adds that cars from 1989 on are eligible. The issue becomes finding one good enough to pass compliance... This 30th of yours should have the green compliance plate (which should be in the boot) as mentioned earlier and if it was previously registered then all good..

http://rvcs-prodweb.dot.gov.au/sevs/REG ... 078-01.htm

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 10:36 am 
848cc
848cc

That's awesome thanks for the info. There is a number stamped exactly where you mention , a dodgy place to put it. Its only 12 numbers . just waiting for old mate to get back to me with old rego papers and the deal is done. thanks for taking the time .

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 2:16 pm 
848cc
848cc

My two cents worth...
The steering wheel became a problem for me in SA even after my car was registered to me in NSW & I wanted to swap states. They made me put the original, non Moto Lita on for inspection.
If you really love the car, offer to pay for the registration in NSW for the vendor, & once this is done by the vendor, pay for the car & rego costs, then you will have no problems transferring to QLD as long as the car is roadworthy in QLD... That way the onus is on the vendor to register the car for you, & if you have a friend in NSW, register the car in your name at that address first, then transfer to QLD...

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 8:55 am 
1360cc
1360cc

ianscampbell wrote:
My two cents worth...
The steering wheel became a problem for me in SA even after my car was registered to me in NSW & I wanted to swap states. They made me put the original, non Moto Lita on for inspection.
If you really love the car, offer to pay for the registration in NSW for the vendor, & once this is done by the vendor, pay for the car & rego costs, then you will have no problems transferring to QLD as long as the car is roadworthy in QLD... That way the onus is on the vendor to register the car for you, & if you have a friend in NSW, register the car in your name at that address first, then transfer to QLD...

A good demonstration of the complete hypocrisy and stupidity being forced on us by the "authorities"...if you had had an accident because you failed to swap the wheels over correctly (unlikely, but possible) then it would have been all on their dopey heads :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:49 am 
848cc
848cc

Just an update for future reference. Got the car its a totally original 1989 mini thirty. been off the road since 2002. Went straight through rego as it was registered previously in NSW no probs .After changing all the perishable bits like suspention , filters , gaskets , ect ect , she runs like new only 90,000 km on her. Also has factory auto and sunroof , only 200 made. so happy with how this turned out.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:06 pm 
998cc
998cc

Why ask us?? Walk into (or ring) Qld Rego authority and ask... then get their response in writing.

Opinions are worth the paper they're written on. If you're going to spend money something a little more reliable is needed.

Cheers, Ian

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:37 am 
1098cc
1098cc

Sometimes vehicles can get lost in system, weird I know but I have had personal experience. When I changed my Suzuki Jimny over from QLD to NSW the Blue slip guy had no problems but RMS said it was still registered in the previous owners name. I've had it (registered in my name) for 6 years. I had all the reciepts and renewals and they still wanted to charge me stamp duty on transfer. IDIOTS!