Ausmini
It is currently Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:29 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Quality Carpet Set
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:45 pm 
Offline
998cc
998cc
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 13, 2008 12:40 pm
Posts: 827
Location: nsw
heheheh


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Quality Carpet Set
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:20 pm 
Offline
998cc
998cc

Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:20 pm
Posts: 637
Location: Victoria
Hobson wrote:
i got a mini wrote:
looks like you back mats are in the wrong way are they meant to curve around the bin at the back if that makes sense.???



DERP :oops:


Yep, arse about.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Quality Carpet Set
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:11 am 
Offline
1275cc
1275cc
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:56 pm
Posts: 2536
Location: Muswellbrook -- NSW
It's like a cryptic puzzle trying to work out which way they are meant to sit ,i've looked at it 3 times now :roll: . Swap em over and rotate them i/4 of a turn so that the longer piece wraps around the front of the bin ( i think that's right :shock: :lol: ).


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Quality Carpet Set
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:37 am 
Offline
998cc
998cc

Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:44 pm
Posts: 744
Location: Camden
The retail cost of the Tretford Westminster carpet alone is over $400 incl p&p & GST


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Quality Carpet Set
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:52 am 
Offline
848cc
848cc
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:38 am
Posts: 441
Location: Brandy Hill, NSW
Bill B wrote:
The retail cost of the Tretford Westminster carpet alone is over $400 incl p&p & GST

Just wondering where you get it from.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Quality Carpet Set
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:11 pm 
Offline
998cc
998cc

Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:44 pm
Posts: 744
Location: Camden
The Westminster style carpet made by "Tretford" I bought from Gibbon Group P/L in QLD.

www.gibbongroup.com.au

It comes in a range of colours that suit minis.
When I contacted them (2 years ago) they sent sample pieces in the colour range I wanted to choose my preference.
They were happy to talk to phone enquiries.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Quality Carpet Set
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:09 pm 
Offline
848cc
848cc

Joined: Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:28 pm
Posts: 46
Location: Hobart, TAS
Carpet turned up late last week. The quality is excellent, well cut, nice binding on visible edges. All Car Carpets were very good to deal with. I hope it fits as well as it looks but probably wont be able to get to it this side of Xmas. I will update the post again once it is in the car. Not sure why they didn't cut the hole for the gear stick. Does the position vary between years/models?


You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Quality Carpet Set
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:27 pm 
Offline
1275cc
1275cc
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 02, 2008 3:07 pm
Posts: 3572
Location: Bundy
cruiser23 wrote:
Carpet turned up late last week. The quality is excellent, well cut, nice binding on visible edges. All Car Carpets were very good to deal with. I hope it fits as well as it looks but probably wont be able to get to it this side of Xmas. I will update the post again once it is in the car. Not sure why they didn't cut the hole for the gear stick. Does the position vary between years/models?


Bit odd they forgot the Steering Column, Gearlever and High beam dipper holes. They should be in the same spot for all the Cooper S range. There are some good photos and some measurements in this thread of an original carpet set.
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=83482&p=922960
Attachment:
dsc00434.jpg

Attachment:
dsc00436.jpg

Attachment:
dsc00437.jpg

Attachment:
dsc00438.jpg


You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

_________________
1969 Mk1 Morris Cooper S


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Quality Carpet Set
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:09 pm 
Offline
1275cc
1275cc
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:19 pm
Posts: 2808
Location: Wollongong, NSW
It's pretty normal for the sets to come uncut. The Cooper S would all have had the holes in the same spots, however if you wanted to fit the same set to another car there is a bit of variation.
Magic wand/remote/rod change
Floor starter button
Dip switch on floor or column

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Quality Carpet Set
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:11 pm 
Offline
1275cc
1275cc
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 02, 2008 3:07 pm
Posts: 3572
Location: Bundy
timmy201 wrote:
It's pretty normal for the sets to come uncut. The Cooper S would all have had the holes in the same spots, however if you wanted to fit the same set to another car there is a bit of variation.
Magic wand/remote/rod change
Floor starter button
Dip switch on floor or column
I can understand his dissapointment. If i was purchasing this https://m.ebay.com.au/itm/Morris-Mini-C ... mwBanner=1 then i would expect it to be ready to go for a Mk1S. If you have a different model then that is when you contact them to ask for a blank set.

_________________
1969 Mk1 Morris Cooper S


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Quality Carpet Set
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:35 pm 
Online
1275cc
1275cc
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:24 am
Posts: 2124
Location: Wollongong
I guess at least you can ensure the gear hole and hibeam hole are in the right spot. With the cost of that carpet just make sure you
“measure twice cut once”

When comparing measurements to old carpet bear in mind that the old carpets sometimes shrink Mine has shrunk enough that there is a 2-3cm gap around the edge.

Would almost be worth removing the gear lever to make it easier to position with just the boot. The gear lever hole is normally a circular hole that is a neat fit around the round part of the rubber boot.

Looks really nicely made. I was thinking of getting some mats done in the red Westminster to protect my original carpet.

_________________
Image
68 Morris Cooper S Mk1 (*ex 78 1275 LS 4th last built, 70 Morris 1500 OHC & 70 MiniMatic)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Quality Carpet Set
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:27 pm 
Offline
848cc
848cc

Joined: Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:28 pm
Posts: 46
Location: Hobart, TAS
I don't have the original carpets to lead me astray. I'll definitely be measuring twice before cutting. I'm not too concerned with having to add the holes, hopefully I'll get them close to the right place.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Quality Carpet Set
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:58 am 
Offline
1275cc
1275cc
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:04 pm
Posts: 4651
Location: Melbourne, VIC
cruiser23 wrote:
I don't have the original carpets to lead me astray. I'll definitely be measuring twice before cutting. I'm not too concerned with having to add the holes, hopefully I'll get them close to the right place.

If you PM me your email address I can send you exact measurements of where the gearshift and floor dip-switch holes need to be cut.

_________________
ex-NSW Police 1970 MK II Cooper S
VMCI #43


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Quality Carpet Set
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:34 am 
Offline
1275cc
1275cc
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:19 pm
Posts: 2808
Location: Wollongong, NSW
gtogreen1969 wrote:
timmy201 wrote:
It's pretty normal for the sets to come uncut. The Cooper S would all have had the holes in the same spots, however if you wanted to fit the same set to another car there is a bit of variation.
Magic wand/remote/rod change
Floor starter button
Dip switch on floor or column
I can understand his dissapointment. If i was purchasing this https://m.ebay.com.au/itm/Morris-Mini-C ... mwBanner=1 then i would expect it to be ready to go for a Mk1S. If you have a different model then that is when you contact them to ask for a blank set.

I’m not saying it’s ideal, it’s just that most places are the same. I’m not sure how large the market is for Australian Mk1 Cooper S carpets but at least it’s nice to have a couple of places that do them

The minisport set has the cutout for the steering column but not the dipswitch or gearshift from these photos
http://minisport.com.au/mini-cooper-s-c ... edarussett

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Quality Carpet Set
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:02 am 
Offline
998cc
998cc

Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:59 pm
Posts: 643
Location: Holt ACT
timmy201 wrote:
gtogreen1969 wrote:
timmy201 wrote:
It's pretty normal for the sets to come uncut. The Cooper S would all have had the holes in the same spots, however if you wanted to fit the same set to another car there is a bit of variation.
Magic wand/remote/rod change
Floor starter button
Dip switch on floor or column
I can understand his dissapointment. If i was purchasing this https://m.ebay.com.au/itm/Morris-Mini-C ... mwBanner=1 then i would expect it to be ready to go for a Mk1S. If you have a different model then that is when you contact them to ask for a blank set.

I’m not saying it’s ideal, it’s just that most places are the same. I’m not sure how large the market is for Australian Mk1 Cooper S carpets but at least it’s nice to have a couple of places that do them

The minisport set has the cutout for the steering column but not the dipswitch or gearshift from these photos
http://minisport.com.au/mini-cooper-s-c ... edarussett


and no wear pads for the seat frame on the rear floor section!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC + 10 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], ricksmini and 14 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  

© 2016 Ausmini. All garage work involves equal measures of enthusiasm, ingenuity and a fair degree of irresponsibility.