Ausmini
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:46 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:07 pm 
848cc
848cc

I finally got to remove my brake master cylinder and when I was trying to install it I realized that the orientation of the clutch master cylinder was facing the opposite direction thus it would not work with the original master cylinder I was installing. I had to remove my clutch master cylinder and now the question is do I install the clutch master as is or do I replace the seals with a repair kit or do I buy a new clutch master cylinder with a stainless steel sleeve?

It is a pain to remove the clutch master cylinder especially the clevis pin. To save me on my effort and avoid any leaks in a few months because it looks like the clutch master is still original.

Any suggestions?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:30 pm 
848cc
848cc

Can i send this to someone in AUS and have this sleeved and rebuilt for me? Or is anyone selling a rebuilt one already!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:16 pm 
998cc
998cc

mini kingdom online

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:19 pm 
1360cc
1360cc

Does it really need to be re-sleeved? Have you inspected the bore? A rebuild with a kit may suffice, and will be a lot cheaper.

VMCI #43

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:58 am 
848cc
848cc

winabbey wrote:
Does it really need to be re-sleeved? Have you inspected the bore? A rebuild with a kit may suffice, and will be a lot cheaper.

I agree it was not leaking to begin with but just to be sure that it will last longer maybe re-sleeving it might be better in the long run. I could see some lines in the bore but again it does not leak when I removed it.

I could buy from Mini kingdom online but they do not respond to emails. I have tried numerous times.....

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:43 am 
1360cc
1360cc

GuamMini wrote:
winabbey wrote:

I agree it was not leaking to begin with but just to be sure that it will last longer maybe re-sleeving it might be better in the long run. I could see some lines in the bore but again it does not leak when I removed it.

I could buy from Mini kingdom online but they do not respond to emails. I have tried numerous times.....

Jay - with respect, I have mentioned to you several times that MKO only service the Australian market. It would be great if they sold worldwide but they don't. Your emails may be in a SPAM bucket. You need to have an "agent" with an Australian address if you want to purchase items.

I've just checked on your behalf and can confirm that they do have a clutch master cylinder in stock. Please PM me your shipping details and I will try to sort out a way to get the master cylinder and pipes to you. Price will be as per the MKO website, plus shipping to Guam. You can settle the costs via Pay Pal if that suits.

Personally I would just get an overhaul kit for your master cylinder as it looks to be serviceable as is and will be much cheaper than a new one. You can clean up the barrel and soak the plastic tank in some bleach to get it looking good again. The brake hydraulics need to be 100% effective and reliable for obvious reasons but the clutch less so.

Let me know what you want to do.

VMCI #43

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:54 pm 
848cc
848cc

winabbey wrote:
GuamMini wrote:
winabbey wrote:

Jay - with respect, I have mentioned to you several times that MKO only service the Australian market. It would be great if they sold worldwide but they don't. Your emails may be in a SPAM bucket. You need to have an "agent" with an Australian address if you want to purchase items.

I've just checked on your behalf and can confirm that they do have a clutch master cylinder in stock. Please PM me your shipping details and I will try to sort out a way to get the master cylinder and pipes to you. Price will be as per the MKO website, plus shipping to Guam. You can settle the costs via Pay Pal if that suits.

Personally I would just get an overhaul kit for your master cylinder as it looks to be serviceable as is and will be much cheaper than a new one. You can clean up the barrel and soak the plastic tank in some bleach to get it looking good again. The brake hydraulics need to be 100% effective and reliable for obvious reasons but the clutch less so.

Let me know what you want to do.

Win, the only reason I am looking at doing the clutch is because of the cursing and aches and pains of getting the clutch master out to get to the brakes and it was a struggle.

Thank you for the offer and shipping address is 1402 Route 15 Mangilao, Guam 96913. I will pay you via Paypal. Thanks again you guys are the best

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:31 pm 
1360cc
1360cc

GuamMini wrote:
Thank you for the offer and shipping address is 1402 Route 15 Mangilao, Guam 96913. I will pay you via Paypal. Thanks again you guys are the best

Check your PM's.

VMCI #43

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:32 pm 
1275cc
1275cc

What condition are your Clovis pins in, now would be a good time to change them if needed.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:32 am 
848cc
848cc

goodie wrote:
What condition are your Clovis pins in, now would be a good time to change them if needed.

Yeah the sleeve that holds the dust boot was stuck and the pin itself was stuck and looks like it may have only been removed once or twice at the max. and the nuts that hold the master cylinders in place there is no rhyme and reason on which tool to use you have to be creative and use the open wrench like a socket upright. I plan to replace the cotter pin with an R-clip which is much easier to remove later on should the need arise.

Thank you everyone for the input.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:15 am 
848cc
848cc

Thank you Winabbey for the help.