Ausmini
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:48 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:29 pm 
998cc
998cc

From previous threads my brake problems. Looks like the brakes are fixed the problem was the brake booster ,the booster and MCs were reconditioned The first time I took the booster to them the pulled it apart and said it was fine check your brake MC which I did I even put the clutch MC where the brake MC is .Today I took the car to them using John Sneddon's purpose built car trailer the mechanic thought it was a golf buggy trailer with air brakes. Anyhow they took the booster off into the workshop always dripping brake fluid 3rd time to paint the booster. The only thing they could find was the diaphragm was not central in the booster. Now the brakes work if I had of taken the booster apart there was no warranty. Still I should have done it for less stress. The 1970 CS is now ready for a blue slip when it was on the trailer first time out one of the guys said he had never seen an 850 so well presented I was feeling good for a while. FYI
Allen

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:51 pm 
1275cc
1275cc

"Persistance" is the difference between "success" and "an abandoned project going cheap".

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:14 pm 
Yay For Hay!

good stuff - bit weird that the diaphragm off centre would do that... shaft getting stuck maybe

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:43 pm 
1098cc
1098cc

thanks for posting the outcome always usefull in the future to read posts with a resolution

Sent from my SM-J530Y using Tapatalk