Ausmini
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:13 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:19 pm 
848cc
848cc

I'm not sure what's going on, but distance between my steering wheel and me seems way to close. I don't remember the old 850 (that had stock wheel), being so close. I'm 190cm tall and even with the addition of the seat extenders and the seat pushed right back, I've still got the wheel tucked in pretty close.

When I bought it the guy offered me an old steering shaft, but didn't bother taking it. Just wondering if there have been any differences in lengths? It has a Autotecnica woodgrain wheel that is slightly concave (rim extends towards driver) and has what seems to be a long boss, but haven't been able to find any info on bosses of any type or make, and most seem to look the same. Just hoping there is something that can give me some arm length back. The distance between the firewall to where the the steering wheel is bolted to the boss is 730mm, and 770mm to the wheel itself.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:39 pm 
1098cc
1098cc

Mine is at about 700mm to the steering wheel, so shorter than yours.
I was wondering if you might have a Morris 1100 column, so I measured my 1100's steering column it came to 730mm to the steering wheel.

Do you have a steering column drop bracket as this will tend to push the steering wheel back.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:24 pm 
848cc
848cc

fuzzy-hair-man wrote:
Mine is at about 700mm to the steering wheel, so shorter than yours.
I was wondering if you might have a Morris 1100 column, so I measured my 1100's steering column it came to 730mm to the steering wheel. Do you have a steering column drop bracket as this will tend to push the steering wheel back.

Thanks fuzzy, no drop bracket, but you might be onto the problem with it maybe having the 1100 column. I'll get onto the guy I bought it off and hopeful he hasn't thrown out the other steering column. Be interesting to get a measure of that. Thanks again :D

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:04 pm 
848cc
848cc

While just searching for info on steering columns I found this... a work of art for sure and made in Australia too. Bit rich for me though. Come from a crowd called Billet Works.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.