Ausmini
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:09 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject: UNFKNBLVBL
PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2004 2:40 pm 
1360cc
1360cc

What a morning. OK i just went down to morris mania for him to check out my gearbox (and clutch) for the suitabilty to be slapped onto a rebuilt 1100.
He said its all fine.
I told him about the 'smoke screen' in the mornings (andrew and chris will know all about this :lol: )
He brought out his fuel mixture device thing and the richness was off the scale! :x
**** useless pricks at a different mini place where i used to get it serviced and tuned :evil:
Not any more.
Adrian at morris mania told me to get it on a rolling road for a tune up. He said it is more likely that the carb needle is not suited for the carb.
He leaned off the fuel 17 turns!!! That fixed the **** instantly but he said to get it running its optimum i would need to get it tuned on a dyno.

8) Phew. Thats a relief. Now i wont have to get the engine (as soon as i had planned anyway).
So next week i will probably book it for a good and proper tune up then post up my raw power "bragging rights". I hope to get over 15kw. :lol:

Should do. HS4, extractors, ram flo air filter. :oops: I'll cry if i dont.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2004 5:59 pm 
998cc
998cc

yeah let me guess will........you went to brick/mini worx ?? while adrian might be a little slow or expensive sometimes...he sure knows his crap! :) good to hear you're saving some dough tho mate

well done
-jimmy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2004 6:17 pm 
1098cc
1098cc

When you get it to the Dyno - you should turn it back 17 turns and get it smokin' real good to get a "before" reading on it, then let em tune it up nice.

Would be interesting to see the difference

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2004 6:22 pm 
1360cc
1360cc

Yeah nice one WD :lol:
I rekcon i would have been defected with the rate of which smoke was pouring out, not to mention the neighbours getting all the smoke that drifts over 8)
Thommo, it was blair athol "mini king" that has done the last few service and tunes (in fact all of them since ive had it).
Yep their apprentice "mechanics" just dont cut the mustard.
Oh well its going in next week some time for the dynomometer tune up and a new carb needle and jets later, should be back to normal :lol:

I was sorta hoping it was more than just running rich, so i could get a new motor but now i dont have to, its a little easier on the old back pocket.