Ausmini
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:53 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 170 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
 Post subject: Re: WIRING GETTING HOT
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2024 6:09 pm 
998cc
998cc

Doug , you could probably sell that floorswitch as NOS ?????

Ian ...sorry about the red herrings

Cooperess, Lots of advice .... probably too much...... if that new diagram doesn't get you to the finishing post , I would suggest picking one( only one) of the clever diagnosticians and continue to problem solve in PM mode, then do a big reveal at the end,,, or seek further input as required. Good luck whatever you decide......

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:02 am 
1098cc
1098cc

Great news to report on my 'WIRES GETTING HOT' saga.

I decided to let VIN WIRING, Paul that is look at the loom and posted back to him. He did tests and was most helpful, much appreciated Paul. He concluded there was nothing wrong and temperatures were OK, although I found it hard to believe. Anyway he returned the loom saying I could fit a relay kit if I was concerned and change the light switch. BTW the only cost involved with Paul was postage from me to him.

I have put the loom back in the car and guess what there are no heat problems in the front lights earth wires or the light switch or the dip switch, all of which are the original parts that were giving heating problems.

It's a miricle.

Thank you all for so much input.

All I can asume is the trip to Victoria and back again was what the loom was looking for. Very mysterious.

Please ad VIN WIRING to the buiness list.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2024 11:27 am 
998cc
998cc

That is good news. Time to drive and enjoy it.
I would suggest that there was a poor connection (s) in the light or switch wiring or the earths which you have inadvertently fixed by disconnecting and then reconnecting.
Anyhoo, doesn't matter as it is now ok. Just keep your eye on it lest it returns at some point.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:36 am 
998cc
998cc

Steam wrote:
That is good news. Time to drive and enjoy it.
I would suggest that there was a poor connection (s) in the light or switch wiring or the earths which you have inadvertently fixed by disconnecting and then reconnecting.
Anyhoo, doesn't matter as it is now ok. Just keep your eye on it lest it returns at some point.

It's a real shame though that the actual issue will never be known.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:04 pm 
998cc
998cc

Good to hear

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 170 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12