Ausmini
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:50 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject: Short Heater Cable
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2024 8:31 pm 
1275cc
1275cc

Just wondering if anyone has had a problem with the heater control cable being a bit on the 'short' side of fitting?

I bought a new heater cable for the 1966 S when I rebuilt it, around 7 years ago - think it was the MiniSpares 'genuine' version. It's been on the car since the rebuild.
Recently I have had to remove the cable a few times to access other bits, but every time I go to refit the cable I find it impossible to find a route around the back of, or through the carburettors that will reach the water valve easily that doesn't crush or interfere with parts of the carbs.

The cable seems to need about an extra 20mm or so.

Inside the car, the heater cable is on the far LH side of the switch panel - choke on the RH side. This means the 2 cables cross over behind the carbs to reach their destination. No issues with the choke cable fitment.
Haven't taken the cable out to measure its length yet, but wondering if there is a longer version available.

Post subject: Re: Short Heater Cable
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2024 12:01 am 
848cc
848cc

The heater cable AYG9297 is 35.5" long measured from the inner end of the collar where it abuts the bracket/panel to the free end, with the inner cable 3" poking out beyond this.