Ausmini
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:10 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject: Rego Sticker question
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2024 2:11 pm 
848cc
848cc

Ok gone through the search function and can’t find the info I need.

I’ve done the whole PSSR/REVS/NSW Rego help line palava and not got anywhere so after some tips on a better way to find the info. I know I can get them registered in Vic without the original rego number and massive dramas (hopefully) but would be good to have the old rego numbers if possible to help the process along.

On Blue I had just enough rego sticker left to make out the month and year of expiry (Feb 1974) and of course I have the build plate, body number and engine number etc. Sorting through the parts stockpile I have an another window with a bit more on it showing last rego ran out in Feb ‘71 and the 6digit serial number which is likely for the Smoke Grey shell which again I have all the engine/body/build numbers for.
Attachment:
IMG_7544.jpeg

Based on the colour and format this looks to be a match
Attachment:
IMG_7546.jpeg

Any tips on finding the rego numbers as drawn a blank with PSSR/REVS/NSW Rego.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

1998 Ducati M900 Monster

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2024 3:46 pm 
998cc
998cc

If you intend to register it in vic then the old rego number is of no use. Vicroads will go on the body number and the engine number. That is all the id you should need.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2024 4:32 pm 
848cc
848cc

Same thing in NSW
Body number and engine number is all that’s needed.
It does help if the chassis number exists in their computer system though
There’s a spot on the form for a previous registration number I was told that it’s not required if you don’t know it.
I could provide two previous registration numbers when I reregistered mine from old photos but they didn’t want them
I suspect that it would be simple for them to generate a list of registration numbers based on chassis number but NSW doesn’t do that for owners.
If you are going for full registration then you can purchase a vehicle history report that will give you some further information about the car but that isn’t available for historic vehicles

Cheers

Neil

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 4:43 pm 
848cc
848cc

Thanks for the feedback and agree in theory I don’t need previous rego to get the car on the road but….

I’ve had to go through the drama in the past of VicRoads cracking the sads about no previous history so have to prove Vic police searches etc that the car was not stolen. That took 4 months to get it sorted. Just wary of the same thing happening with Blue when he was last registered in the early 70’s and they have been no records in the meantime.

Will role the dice when the time comes and hope I catch the office in a good mood.

Cheers

Simon

1998 Ducati M900 Monster

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2024 4:08 pm 
848cc
848cc

G'day Simon,

I'm in VIC and when I put Minnie back on the road a couple of years ago, Vicroads didn't want any info other then body and engine numbers. They were more interested in checking the car out than the registration process. They did check the details on the plate on the firewall and the engine number as well as they thought it may have had a different engine at some stage. She'd been last registered in VIC in 1985.

Mind you this was at a regional Vicroads office and ones closer to Melb may have different ideas.

I've found that being very friendly to the ladies (usually) doing the booking and paperwork pays off. I went into the office to do the booking and told them I'd restored an old Mini that had been off the road for 40 years and asked what info I needed to get it registered. I let them tell me what they wanted and only gave them what they asked for.

Hope it all goes smoothly when the time comes.

Rocky

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:10 am 
998cc
998cc

Your name on previous rego documents would show prior ownership and would be evidence for determining the case to pay stamp duty or not on a transfer of ownership....

I once had to pay NSW a fee for them to access the paperwork to settle such a question...

Cheers, Ian

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:30 am 
Yay For Hay!

748rum wrote:
Thanks for the feedback and agree in theory I don’t need previous rego to get the car on the road but….

I’ve had to go through the drama in the past of VicRoads cracking the sads about no previous history so have to prove Vic police searches etc that the car was not stolen. That took 4 months to get it sorted. Just wary of the same thing happening with Blue when he was last registered in the early 70’s and they have been no records in the meantime.

Will role the dice when the time comes and hope I catch the office in a good mood.

Cheers

Simon

that's interesting - last time I registered a car without a receipt, they gave me a stat-dec to fill in - but (oh sh*t, I don't like this feeling) that was 20 years ago

nuthin' up my sleeve wrote:
I've found that being very friendly to the ladies (usually) doing the booking and paperwork pays off.

this ^^

I always try to be happy and friendly to people behind a counter, it's great to see their mood lift just from a quick chat and they love to help

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2024 6:49 pm 
848cc
848cc

Sorry been offline while travelling for work. Thanks for the info everyone. I’ll book in at a regional(but not my regional office as that’s where we have had all sorts of issues) when the time comes. It should not be an issue from all the advice and everything I’ve read.
Cheers
Simon

1998 Ducati M900 Monster