Ausmini
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:10 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 8:20 pm 
998cc
998cc

Well, i've got that HIF 44 that Makka was kind enough to part with, Manifold is on order from the UK as we speak, along with a new set of window winders(My housemate managed to snap the passenger side one with his 55kg of pure brawn). I'm sure any electric pump will be more than ample to supply it, ut I dont wanna overpressurize it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 8:24 pm 
1275cc
1275cc

I run a Facet pump. It wasn't ever a problem with my HS2 SU, never flooded or anything. I should put a regulator on though as fuel does leak out the top of my dellorto! Somebody was telling me that when the facet style pumps break they start to flow backwards or something? Is that true?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 8:28 pm 
religious status
religious status

Anto wrote:
I run a Facet pump. It wasn't ever a problem with my HS2 SU, never flooded or anything. I should put a regulator on though as fuel does leak out the top of my dellorto! Somebody was telling me that when the facet style pumps break they start to flow backwards or something? Is that true?

Did you put a repair kit thru the Dellorto or just bolt it on? Sounds like it needs a new needle valve & seat.
I've used these little square pumps on single/twin SU, Weber, Dellorto. No regulator, never had a problem. :wink:
when they break? I guess like when the SU pump's valves go, it will just churn fuel to and for...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 8:34 pm 
1275cc
1275cc

Yeah it needs a new float bowl gasket and a gasket for the jet lid, I just haven't got round to it (to be honest I don't fancy pulling the floats out to replace the gasket!) As for needle valve and seat, they seemed fine when I tested them but then again you never know, surely they're not expensive.

Anto.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 8:36 pm 
religious status
religious status

Just buy the kit- then you get all the gaskets, seals, accel pump diaphragm, needle and seat, and instructions.
Made in Australia too. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 6:07 am 
1360cc
1360cc

Two questions:

I have an electric fuel pump that looks original (dates) but it is not SU and it's made in NZ
Any idea what it is and if it is better than an SU?

The other is what is wrong with the feeding of the rocker breather back to the air filter as originally done apart from filling the filter with oil which I suppose would help with filtration?

My greatest fear in life is that when I die my wife will sell my Mini and tools for the price I told her I paid for them!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 7:23 am 
religious status
religious status

The `original' breather system (850, Minor 1000 etc) was a pipe TO the rocker cover from the air filter, and a pipe off the side cover down towards the ground. Air flow was INTO the rocker cover not out.
The airflow was never into the filter, in theory anyhow.

Later motors took air in via the oil filler cap instead.

The trouble with using only a rocker cover to PCV system is there's a lot of oil mist up there which will get sucked into the manifold and burned.
It's OK running it to a bottle though, because there's not much flow. But you need more than 1 breather on a 1275.
As I said I've collected nothing in the bottle in 18 months, even running it around Wakefield Park. 8)