I DWIVE A BIG TWUCK

my sister works at bunning in villawood sydney :D
makka

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 2:31 am 
1098cc
1098cc

fuz wrote:
In regards to the veneer, it would all depend on what sort of veneer you would like to apply. you can get burr walnut (the standard swirly grain) which is beautiful but due to the nature of burr timber (that of which is from a defective part of the tree) it tends to break when you bend it..

if you go with a walnut or otherwise which is designed as a timber veneer for internal domestic purposes it will usually be very flexible and have an adhesive back that when heated will assist with adhesion.. its simply a case of putting in place then using a hot iron and dry tea towel to make the veneer stick perfectly.. this type of veneer should comfortably do a 6mm radius edge without cracking..

failing that you can use a product called kwik grip which is made by selleys .. it comes in a maroon tin (500ml 1L etc) and is a very strong contact adhesive especially designed for laminating or veneer applications such as this one..

in regards to the vinyl you can use a product called gel grip made by selleys again but is more flexible and will tend to dry spongy so not to make the vinyl go like a peice of plywood :) it comes in a green tin and same sizes as prementioned kwik grip..

both of the adhesives are about 10$ per litre and the veneer can cost around 50$ for a sheet large enough to redash the mini...

if you have any other questions ask away, oh btw i work at bunnings ;o)

Thanks mate. Regarding Gel Grip it was recomended to me at bunnings for door rubber mounting and I found it to be the most horrible stuff to use ever. But its prob coz I didnt know what I was doing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 2:36 am 
1098cc
1098cc

min13k wrote:
my sister works at bunning in villawood sydney :D
makka

Is she good looking? Is she nice?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 2:37 am 
I DWIVE A BIG TWUCK
I DWIVE A BIG TWUCK

no (she's 48 ) and only when she wants something :)
makka

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 4:14 am 
1098cc
1098cc

min13k wrote:
no (she's 48 ) and only when she wants something :)
makka

Is she some different age when she dont want anything?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 10:47 am 
I DWIVE A BIG TWUCK
I DWIVE A BIG TWUCK

you asked
is she good looking.... i say no she is 48
you asked is she nice ...... i say only when she wants something ....
got me now :roll:
makka

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 11:45 pm 
1098cc
1098cc

I was just joking trying to kill time between finishing work and the bourbon knocking me out for the night.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 9:24 pm 
848cc
848cc

yeah gelgrip sucks to use but it gives the best results unfortunately :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 10:02 am 
I DWIVE A BIG TWUCK
I DWIVE A BIG TWUCK

what part of sydney you in mike ??
makka

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 3:24 am 
1098cc
1098cc

I'm in Coogee dude, just read in another forum that you're in Smithfield.

BTW I went to Karkraft today to buy some leads and a new cap. Are their leads any good (I bought the suppresed cap ones as theyre hard to come by otherwise).

Also with the cap we screwed around for a while, they gave me a 25D one first and I walked out and then remembered to look in the box, then I bought side entry but they didnt have the right leads, then when I got the right looking cap I had to get to uni as fast as I could so didnt really look at it properly bla bla bla
Now when I did check it it looks just like the right one but is too small and doesnt cover the dist. Its a 45D w/o vacum advance and the cap is like a slightly smaller version of the old one doesnt look like a 25D one - so whats going on? Are they saving money now by shrinking stuff or is my lazy and oily lifestyle on the ede of obesity has infected my dist?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 2:16 pm 
1098cc
1098cc

BTW where's smithfield?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 5:09 pm 
I DWIVE A BIG TWUCK
I DWIVE A BIG TWUCK

fairfield out west on the cumberland hwy were the big traffic jams are
makka

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2004 9:30 am 
998cc
998cc

Ummmmm, no matter what ya say about Gel Grip, the stuff is fantastic compared to 3M's EC-847. That's the crap we've gotta use at work for gluing seals and stuff down. It works pretty damn well, but Gel Grip is ten times easier to use since it doesnt sag and run.

If ya wanna try something different try and find 3M's 847 or 1357. 847 is good for seals, and 1357 is extra strength(but doesnt work quite as well on plastic and rubber). They both look like a big tin of snot, and if ya dont seal it properly they go hard pretty quick. The solvent in both of em is MEK, so it can always be thinned down again. I could even suggest 3M's 1300L, its a real runny stringy yellow crap, but it goes on thin, and bonds REALLLLLLLLY well. We use it for bonding Aramid fibre over the top of ceramic.