Ausmini
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:43 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 9:47 pm 
848cc
848cc

Hey fellas,

Went for the viewing today, went pretty good just got some questions to ask.

The Mini leaked a bit of oil, not much just a touch, i heard that its pretty normal for a mini to leak a bit of oil just wondering how much?

Also the clutch seemed like it needed replacing, or is this just normal, for the mini?

Finally, the brakes, 4 wheels drums, and i tell you what they dont stop like a Mazda Tribute, just wondering if it was normal?

Other wise the car was in pretty top condtion, a bit of rust here and there but nothing which couldn't easily be fixed.

Cheers, Josh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 10:48 pm 
848cc
848cc

ha ha... the brakes are there.. you just gotta push em!!!!
your used to having discs with a brake booster... you blow on the pedal and it'll lock up the wheels.
in a mini... the brakes will certainly stop you hard enough... but you gotta apply some force to em. :P

as to the clutch.. you should be able to drop the clutch and chirp the tyres.. I find that to be the easiest way to see if the clutch is ok.. although.. on a test drive some owners like to come with you :?

oil... hmmm well they say mini's leak oil. poeee says.. when it stops leaking oil.. you've run out.
it depends on how much it leaks.. mine, I'd say is leaking too much but its usually just seals or gaskets that need replacing. ;)
put it this way... if you can get it past a roadworthy.. then its not leaking enough to worry about :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2004 9:16 am 
998cc
998cc

Standard thing is always to spray a heap of degreaser over the engine and wash it off, just before ya leave. If it's leaking by the time he does the roadworthy, you'll need to fix it.............. Simple :-)

And I agree, with Poeee. If it's not leaking oil, it's not working. And if ya dont want any oil leaks, dont use oil :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have a booster on my drum brakes, and while sometimes they wobble a little bit, they still pull straight, and can certainly haul you up quickly when the need arises. I just wouldnt like to be stomping on them all the time.