Ausmini
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:19 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 5:23 pm 
998cc
998cc

hey danidad are you on the gold coast, and are any of you other people that have replied on the gold coast :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 7:12 pm 
848cc
848cc

Since living in Brisbane and going back into minis over the last two years with my
clubman and finally my 64 mini l have found the MOCQ to be a clicky boys owners club.
My dealings with them first as a non member for the first year and then as a member this
year has reinforced this view. I will also not be renewing my membership next year

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 10:09 pm 
1275cc
1275cc

A few people have reccomended to me to join a mini club. What goes on in a mini club? Anyone in an Adelaide club?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 5:36 am 
religious status
religious status

aussie16 wrote:
A few people have reccomended to me to join a mini club. What goes on in a mini club? Anyone in an Adelaide club?

Here's the site of one- still up- dunno if club is still a goer or not..
http://www.hotbricks.org.au/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 9:46 am 
1360cc
1360cc

I've been disappointed with the Qld Club. and have not renewed my membership this year. As with others here I found them clicky and tend to shun new comers - I volunteered my services at three club functions and turned up early to help out only to ignored and treated like a leper - not again thanks.

My greatest fear in life is that when I die my wife will sell my Mini and tools for the price I told her I paid for them!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 9:55 am 
1098cc
1098cc

Wrong Hose Clamps Dave ?

Ferk 'em i reckon.... thats the reason behind the MDC here in NSW.. we Drive 'em ....

J

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 5:54 pm 
1275cc
1275cc

Well kazjim, not everyone in the NSW club don't drive em, why not come along to a motorkhana or khanacross and you will see them NOT being driven but thrashed. Were not all that bad, you just have to come and say hello. I don't bite, i might stink a bit, but i and many other members would be happy to chat with you.
Guys don't be so narrow minded, if people don't know you, and you stand in the background and not say anything then you will be ignored. I very much doubt that any club around australia would not like people coming along to help out, wombat i don't understand what happend or why but i am sure they would have appreciated your help.
How about you lot stop bagging the various club around australia, get off your own little high horses and grow up. Get involved, if you don't like CHANGE the way it's done!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 11:39 pm 
1360cc
1360cc

mutant mini wrote:
Hanra, why would you want club plates when you can't attend a club event? If you had them you, where would you use the car? In Vic the idea of the Club Permit Scheme is so that you can drive your car on a Club event, you can't just drive it anywhere you like, anytime you like. Maybe it's different in Qld.

Being on club rego in QLD allows you to pay $100 odd dollars a year for rego, and u are then allowed to drive within a 15klm radius of where the vehicle is garaged, 4 the purpose of road testing, but who is going to question that??? You are allowed to drive the car where ever u want 4 special events such as weddings/festivals. And if I was stupid enough to attend a club meet I would be allowed to drive the 2000klms to brissy and attend a meeting. Obviously my shitbox dosnt get driven a great deal, and 15klms in Cairns can get u every where u want to go. Club rego would save me having to pay full 4cyl rego every year, already have to rego a bloody V8!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 7:18 am 
848cc
848cc

For one thing lets get it straight, it's NOT club rego. It's Special Interest Vehicle rego. Put in place by Queensland Transport for cars of over 30 years.
To be eligible you have to be a member of a car club and provide a dating certificate. If you club won't give you one then I'd write an open letter to the club informing them of their duty to the members and outlining your disappointment to their reluctance to issue one.
I too have heard nothing but bad stuff about the stuck up Mini Owners Club of Qld. A bunch of snobs who trailer their concours cars to and from shows. Like HDT say 'Drive your excitement.'
Have you guys thought of joining a Morris club that is not solely for Minis?
Maybe you could even join the Queensland Mini Car Club which has a very active branch in Townsville. This is the original club that sooo many people left a few years ago to start the Mini Owners Car club. The funny thing is that heaps are now coming back. Better the Devil you know I suppose.
Heres the contacts for QMCC, http://www.mini.net.au/index.htm
Anyway just my 2 cents.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 9:37 am 
1098cc
1098cc

Hanra wrote:
mutant mini wrote:
Hanra, why would you want club plates when you can't attend a club event? If you had them you, where would you use the car? In Vic the idea of the Club Permit Scheme is so that you can drive your car on a Club event, you can't just drive it anywhere you like, anytime you like. Maybe it's different in Qld.

Being on club rego in QLD allows you to pay $100 odd dollars a year for rego, and u are then allowed to drive within a 15klm radius of where the vehicle is garaged, 4 the purpose of road testing, but who is going to question that??? You are allowed to drive the car where ever u want 4 special events such as weddings/festivals. And if I was stupid enough to attend a club meet I would be allowed to drive the 2000klms to brissy and attend a meeting. Obviously my ####### dosnt get driven a great deal, and 15klms in Cairns can get u every where u want to go. Club rego would save me having to pay full 4cyl rego every year, already have to rego a bloody V8!!!

Well I can see why you would want to save the money. Wouldn't we all. But I wouldn't be willing to break the law and drive my special plated Mini on everyday driving. And that is exactly what you would be doing if you did this. When on these plates we too can drive to and from places for mechanical purposes. And believe me they do question us down here. We have special plates which are burgundy and all start with the letters CH and then numbers. You can't exactly hide the fact that you have them. I know that in Qld. that isn't the case, you just use your normal plates. I have a friend who always seems to get pulled over by the Police when out driving to mechanics with his CH plates on.

mutant mini 1380cc '73 UK imp-Chroma Lusion-leather interior-8 x 300W Diamond Audio Dual Voice Coil 8" subs, Phoenix Gold 4 chnl amp, Pioneer 7550 DVD, 2x Phoenix Gold A1.800d MonoBlock Amp, Focal Utopia splits, 14" chrome rims 195/40/14 tyres

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 1:53 pm 
1360cc
1360cc

With concessional rego, you are issued a special plate, but if u have personalised plates u can use them instead, the rego sticker differs a little and thats all. My car DOES NOT get drivien that much at all. Road testing is exactly that, who is to say I havnt just tuned the SU's or adjusted the brakes, and wanna see how it goes!!! You are allowed to drive within a 15klm radius of the cars garage.

I break the law everytime I drive my car, and Im sure everyone on here does to. Is every 1's car 100% roadworthy? No ones car on here leaks oil????? or has some other minor fault.