Ausmini
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:05 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 9:14 am 
998cc
998cc

For those mini owners in Sydney and surrounds who don't belong to a club here is some info for you. The morris minor clubs put on a display day celebrating the B'day of Sir Alec Issigonis creator of the mini and invite the mini car club along. This event gets a good crowd of mini club and non mini club cars along and isn't a half bad day out. There are usually lots of modified morris minors and minis there.

Rob Diamante's blue turbo clubman with the connelly hide recaros and dash with mercedes carpet has won best mini of the day the past two years running causing some of the die hard purists to gasp (BIg crystal trophy). so to those who have minis built to all kinds of specs come down and possibly win a trophy for all your hard work.

Sunday, 21st November 2004
Morris Minors & Minis Birthday Bash
Organised by the Nepean District Morris Minor Car Club to celebrate the birthday of Sir Alec Issigonis, creator of the Morris Minor and Mini at Penrith Paceway, Mulgoa Road Penrith. From 10am

It would be great to see some of those cars that went on the warragamba dam run.

Steve

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 9:21 am 
1360cc
1360cc

Steve I was trying to encourage my father in law to come out to that event, but he cant make it.

Why are you promoting it anyway? Isn't it the club promotions officer's job....? :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 9:36 am 
1275cc
1275cc

admittedly it is the promotion officers job,
but personally i think it is a good idea to let
non club members know about comming
events, i think that the fact that Ausmini
organised a run that rivaled a club run for
attendance the other day, it would be great to
start combining both so we get great attendance
and lots of minis at runs.

saying that, i cant go, my mini has no engine wheels
doors, bootlid interior etc etc etc. have fun to all going.

Post subject: B'bash
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 10:50 am 
998cc
998cc

Guys

I was just rapt with meeting new people and seeing different cars that I thought I would mention this event as its not a mini club event and people only really know about it by reading club news letters. The ausmini guys wouldn't know about it because alot aren't involved with clubs and this event usually gets modified minis along. There was an orange with black flares twin cam mini on the Dam run that would certianly be up for a trophy.

Unlike a lot of shows and clubs the morris mini people like to modify their cars and can appretiate others who do the same.

Mini club meetings bore the pants of most of us but the events and runs are fun and anyone can turn up, the more the merrier, I may not be promotions officer with the MCC anymore but I will always promote the benifits of the MCC and happily discuss its downsides aswell.

Steve