Ausmini
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:44 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 6:50 pm 
religious status
religious status

Mick, If you want to be clinical, measure the length of a radius arm shaft, then calculate what it should be using trig.

Also worth checking your toe in to ensure it's equal both sides and is about 3mm total. If you can't get any shims in front of the bracket to adjust this, file the hole forward a bit, as well as upwards for camber. I had to do this one side on my red car- it had had a shunt sometime previously in the past 20 odd years..
You still see lots of `crabby' Minis.. kazjim has one... :lol: :wink:

Post subject: tanks,,,
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 6:57 pm 
1360cc
1360cc

drmini in aust wrote:
Mick, If you want to be clinical, measure the length of a radius arm shaft, then calculate what it should be using trig.

Also worth checking your toe in to ensure it's equal both sides and is about 3mm total. If you can't get any shims in front of the bracket to adjust this, file the hole forward a bit, as well as upwards for camber. I had to do this one side on my red car- it had had a shunt sometime previously in the past 20 odd years..
You still see lots of `crabby' Minis.. kazjim has one... :lol: :wink:

tenks....just a litlle wary of making a change without letting the rear end "settle" to see where you really are.... which brings us to front and rear subframe alignment..... :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 7:19 pm 
Causing or creating vexation

A bloke I know used to race minis and had a wheel alignment shop. He used to drill out the outer hole and then put a big thick washer behind the nut. when he got the alignment right he would weld the washer to the frame. If he needed to adjust it he would grind off the washer and weld on a new one!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 7:22 pm 
religious status
religious status

Morris 1100 wrote:
A bloke I know used to race minis and had a wheel alignment shop. He used to drill out the outer hole and then put a big thick washer behind the nut. when he got the alignment right he would weld the washer to the frame. If he needed to adjust it he would grind off the washer and weld on a new one!

Yeah I did that in 1968, on my first 850! :P
But if you know what it needs, filing and welding makes a neater job, IMO. :wink: