Ausmini
It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 1:13 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 8:18 am 
1275cc
1275cc

jill200sx wrote:
yes, patience.. not one of my virtues ;)

Nor one of mine either! :lol:

Oh lordy Jill I truly sympathise with you, it's so stressful when you pay someone for something and things don't pan out. But it seems with all things in life there are teething problems and an outlay of $$$ :? (None of which I'm looking forward too). Just think after all this it will make your time spent driving your Mini all the more sweeter!! GOOD LUCK mate..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 8:47 am 
1275cc
1275cc

did you put a new water pump in??
bleed brakes, if no good change rear wheel cylinders (check copper joining pipe near there) if still no good get master cylinder reco.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 11:32 am 
998cc
998cc

i've had troubles witha a certain place....IN BROOKVALE..... i think u all know who im talking about!,

the SHITIEST JOB EVER!

(fudge i cant sttand them, even thinking about it, its pissing me off!)

blake :evil:

71K 'Kaye', KAZZ69's work in progress
66 panelvan, going no where fast...
71 MS75 toyota crown COUPE :) yes A COUPE!
76 ra23 celica wid 1ggte, GT3071r, 13.5@106mph with alot of spinin....

wheels keep on turnin!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 12:22 pm 
the King of Bling

yep we know who you are talking about :!:

Post subject: Mini Club
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 12:54 pm 
1360cc
1360cc

gafmo wrote:
yep we know who you are talking about :!:

Jill are you in the local Mini Club?

They usually have all the local parts and repair places sussed out.

If you live a long way away from the meetings...not a worry ....you still have people you can contact for advice etc....just a thought.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 11:40 pm 
998cc
998cc

gafmo wrote:
O dear its not a post I want to hear today dear...Jill
I would have want to see you were screaming aounr the blold the last couple of nights :!: ( puff on on the sig and a swig of the old JD) :?
If you have outlayed any money to a company EG: drake, ELEctonics, anything, and paybe good money and its not correct...they realy should correct it :idea: :idea:
I feel bad enought that U pulled an engine today and don't think it correct. for refitting, so I have asked the question :!:
Can you Extress what you have regaring to?
Cooling. Eg Fan Blad numbers, Thermo Number, Addtion Coolling
Wireing.....yes I know
Brakes...Duel or single, Slave, 4 pot, Etc.
I'm Like you ...but, yer, I know you want to drive it on the road but so do I :lol:
If you have payed money they should have it correct before it leaves the shop :idea:

:lol: you really have to drink less before posting gafmo

ok, yes Im in a Mini Car Club but 'they' all live in Perth, Im a couple of hours out of Perth so dont have access to talking, chatting, picking the brains of all those Mini people :( I have a few contacts Ive made, but I went to this guy through "a" recommendation.. I just had to hope it would be ok.
and yes 13secmini, $5k included a new water pump (not a new bottom radiator hose though, found that out today)

anyway... my new found Mini friend came over today. Conclusion:
Don't give the car back to the guy who did the work.
Brakes - take it to local brake place (VERY highly recommended) for a proper bleed, see how that goes for starters.
Gear shift/selectors - During the rebuild a longer bush replaced the short one that goes through the gearbox casing wall. This is apparewntly metal to metal and if a tight fit would make it like it is. He seemed to think, leave it, drive it, as long as there arent crunching noises coming from the gearbox (which there arent) then its probably mostly just that tight bush.
The overheating - inside the radiator there was brown sludge on the pipes inside. I pulled it out this afternoon, and its going for a high pressure clean with tanks off tomorrow. If they dont think its worth cleaning, then I'll replace it for the bigger 4 core?.. Another radiator, upsizing if possible.

So,
I'm feeling a little better tonight, but will look forward to a drive after the radiator is sorted. Then it will be down for brakes bleed, and then back to the auto sparky to finish a few bits (tacho wiring, needed a new indicator stalk and headlight switch) and then :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 11:48 pm 
848cc
848cc

Sounds like it's getting closer Jill well done, How long before we can see the van with that shiny red stuff? :)

Building a dream one nap at a time....

http://spaces.msn.com/members/derbydog/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 12:15 am 
998cc
998cc

The first event of the year is early March, so IF its all sorted and licensed, then I'll be hoping to take it for a few hot laps.
Hopefully have these things sorted through February (ASAP) and I can paint it in a couple of days, still havent finished off a couple of areas needing attention, but they arent major and almost fall into the'crap that'll do category'.. but no, I will do them anyway ;)

I need to locate a set of 12" LS wheels preferably with 145 tyres to borrow for a couple of days to get her licensed. Anyone in WA got a set of legal 12" wheels they'd be prepared to lend/hire me? (I'll only use them to licensing and home) my performance 12" with 165s stick out too much :roll: :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 3:24 am 
1098cc
1098cc

Sounds like it is getting sorted. Just take it one step at a time Jill and you'll get there in no time.

All the best with it and keep us posted.
Cheers Dat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 11:16 am 
Yay For Hay!

Jill, a decent tune-up will make a difference to the heating as well, if a mini is retarded it'll overheat like mad.... for a standard-ish motor on a nice day out of traffic the temp shouldn't get over half way on the gauge. So if it still heats up after a good clean-out then get it tuned

for the brakes, your brake place should be able to sort it, but you can check something yourself, make sure the bleeders on the calipers are at the top, not at the bottom - if they're at the bottom then you get an air-pocket at the top that you can never bleed out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 12:20 pm 
998cc
998cc

Damn SK you beat me too it. Yeah I put my four pots on upside down and wondered why I could never bleed them :lol:

Cheers

Matt

Post subject: Gunked UP
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 12:34 pm 
1360cc
1360cc

jill200sx wrote:
gafmo wrote:
[b]The overheating - inside the radiator there was brown sludge on the pipes inside. I pulled it out this afternoon, and its going for a high pressure clean with tanks off tomorrow. If they dont think its worth cleaning, then I'll replace it for the bigger 4 core?.. Another radiator, upsizing if possible.

Jill...just cleaning the Radiator is not cleaning the entire cooling system....if the car has been sitting for an appreciable amount of time you may meed to have the block/head and its galleries reverse flushed as advised before....new hoses are also good to try and eliminate sources of poor flow....do you have the little bypass hose under the head behind the thermostat housing?

Have you checked the operation of your thermostat (in boilingg water)...how old is it? etc etc

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 2:37 pm 
Yay For Hay!

minstar wrote:
Damn SK you beat me too it. Yeah I put my four pots on upside down and wondered why I could never bleed them :lol:

Cheers

Matt

you've gotta be quick - I've been racing the doc, even if he doesn't know it ;) I learnt from experience with my first set of disks - 8.4" from Japan... no one could tell me, now I tell everyone :D