Ausmini
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:21 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject: SU carbie help
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 8:00 pm 
Resident Haemorrhoid

From reading previous posts on the subject i have one question reguarding the jet adujstment.
Previous posts stated that turning clockwise or anti clock wise enriches or leans out the mix. My question is the direction stated, is that from looking above the carbie whilst it bolted in or looking at it from under neath whilst it is out of the car any help appreciated sorry if its a silly question.

Cheers

Tombo wrote:
Gadgets has never been so right :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 8:20 pm 
Yay For Hay!

screw it up to lean the mixture, screw it down to richen. So looking down at the carb, over the engine, anti-clockwise makes it lean.

I always find it easiest to get a bolt in my hand, and turn it around so it's pointing the same way as the thing I want to do up, then turn it through my fingers - and NO, I don't turn maps upside down to read them :evil:

find yourself an old carb, and pull it apart and see how it works..... gotta start learning this stuff somewhere

Post subject: su carbie help
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 5:03 pm 
Resident Haemorrhoid

Many thanks skssgn for the info

when i get the chance i will pull my old carbie apart and see what makes it tick

Cheers

Tombo wrote:
Gadgets has never been so right :D

Post subject: Re: SU carbie help
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 6:00 pm 
1360cc
1360cc

Gadgets mini wrote:
From reading previous posts on the subject i have one question reguarding the jet adujstment.
Previous posts stated that turning clockwise or anti clock wise enriches or leans out the mix. My question is the direction stated, is that from looking above the carbie whilst it bolted in or looking at it from under neath whilst it is out of the car any help appreciated sorry if its a silly question.

Cheers

G'Day Gadget...good to meet you today.....do you have any books that cover tuning Minis with twin carbs??...that might be a good start..otherwise take it to Grant as I suggested and then you will know where all the adjustments need to be and what well adjusted twins look and sound like. Cheers, Mick

PS let me know how you go....I have other options if you still need help.