Ausmini
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:09 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 12:20 pm 
1098cc
1098cc

Ryan, they were following you ... highway patrol stay behind a car, therefore it sheilds them from the view of traffic coming the other way. Its a sneaky but effective way of catching people speeding

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 12:20 pm 
848cc
848cc

the rta and cops had no idea wat went on
i kno they said that we slowed down traffic etc but its all a lie
i kno u probs wont believe me but we r havin a big dispute 2 actually go 2 some talk show like 60 minutes etc and actually take the rta on etc or wateva
we will c wat happens

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 12:25 pm 
848cc
848cc

fruity wrote:
BEEM4U wrote:
it was a commodore at the front that caused it all

Are you saying one commodore caused all the traffic chaos? :?:
im sayin the commy at front slamemd on his brakes and casued the pile up

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 12:25 pm 
1275cc
1275cc

Oh I see...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 12:39 pm 
1275cc
1275cc

BEEM4U wrote:
the rta and cops had no idea wat went on
i kno they said that we slowed down traffic etc but its all a lie
i kno u probs wont believe me but we r havin a big dispute 2 actually go 2 some talk show like 60 minutes etc and actually take the rta on etc or wateva
we will c wat happens

Hmmmmm.....hope you got deep pockets man. I'm still trying to understand how a good day is had when there are over 400 cars on a cruise.. sounds like a disaster waiting to happen, which it did.
And another thing, regarding your "dispute" as to whether or not to take the story to 60 minutes or whatever..... after all the negative publicity that your "scene" has had down there in the past 12 months (various deaths attributed to racing, speed etc) that you are even going to be taken seriously?

The more that these things keep happening, the worse it will get for your "scene", and unfortunatly it will make things harder for all P Platers......... my 2 cents

Steve

Last edited by sg on Thu Feb 03, 2005 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 12:44 pm 
848cc
848cc

sg wrote:
Hmmmmm.....hope you got deep pockets man. I'm still trying to understand how a good day is had when there are over 400 cars on a cruise.. sounds like a disaster waiting to happen, which it did.
And another thing, regarding your "dispute" as to whether or not to take the story to 60 minutes or whatever..... after all the negative publicity that your "scene" has had down there in the past 12 months (various deaths attributed to racing, speed etc) that you are even going to be taken seriously?

ther were only about 250 cars if that plus its always teh media that make a simple situation seem bad
yeh sure ther r a few stupid p platers but we r only out ther 2 cruise and have a good time
most of us were only goin about 80km/hr in a 110 zone while heeps of people (non p platers) were flyin past us in that weather..
but we just wanna make a point 2 the media that they r wrong and in most cases make it look bad

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 12:48 pm 
1275cc
1275cc

Re: the media making things look bad.........

Welcome to reality.............. :evil: If i were you........ i would not attend or organise any large cruises in the next 12 months, beacuse you are going to get reamed every time you meet somewhere from this point on........

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 12:50 pm 
848cc
848cc

well we actually organised 1 on the 16th of jan wit over 300 cars and ther were no cops wat so ever
we went from syd 2 newcastle wit no probs at all
we even rang the cops 2 tell em wat we were doin!
but i dont care i kno tis some stupid people ruining it 4 all of us but i wont stop cruising!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 12:51 pm 
1360cc
1360cc

Havn't read all of thread but one point I'd like to make that may clear up what us mini guys are on about:

Classic car clubs like Mini people etc, have 100's of cruises a year, all fun, all safe, all sensible. One cruise from a bunch of P platers and there needs to be a 60 Minutes story made about it...

That is all I have to say period.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 12:52 pm 
848cc
848cc

68Delux wrote:
Havn't read all of thread but one point I'd like to make that may clear up what us mini guys are on about:

Classic car clubs like Mini people etc, have 100's of cruises a year, all fun, all safe, all sensible. One cruise from a bunch of P platers and there needs to be a 60 Minutes story made about it...

That is all I have to say period.
no its not just 1 cruise!!!!
this is just 1 cruise the media thought they could get their hands on and make another stupid story!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 1:42 pm 
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

we done yet?

Post subject: Town idiot
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 3:50 pm 
teh admin God
teh admin God

Well okkher my story. Driving through Ulverstone in the magna, Early Sunday moring. over the bridge in town and i see that there are to commys coming, old round ones they were. I was only going bout 30 and they were too. And the lead commy had a kid, 13-14-15-16 something, and he leant his whole body out the window and looked ahead. i thought he then puled out a spear/javelin type thung, and i was thinking what the fu*k do i do now, he's lining me up. But then he turned round and he had a slingshot, shotting what could have been anything at the commy behind them. And then about 3 persons, hung out the other commy and responded with there own fire.
But this was stupid, in town on a bridge, and person had blocked up behiond them just off the bridge, i think they were just proper people, letting idiots be idiots, but it scared me, and they are stupid, and so is everyone, cept me.

Hey when i get to take down my P plates does that mean that i dont get reffered to as a bad P plate driver, even though i am provisional? Or what asfhjaso[

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 3:56 pm 
848cc
848cc

yeh those people r stupid but wats that got 2 do wit the acco or r u jsut expressing another story?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 3:58 pm 
1275cc
1275cc

Quote:
Ryan, they were following you ... highway patrol stay behind a car, therefore it sheilds them from the view of traffic coming the other way. Its a sneaky but effective way of catching people speeding

it doesnt matter what they were doing, it was still a form of tailgaiting and excuses shouldn't be made for police who do it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 6:49 pm 
1098cc
1098cc

BEEM4U .... if this rolling road blocks didnt happen, how come at least 30 members of the public rang 000 in 30 minutes to report it? Im not accusing you of doing it, but there was ALOT of vehicles there and these things were occuring. The drag races etc.

I do agree that most of the drives organised on hot4's.com.au are good, but it only takes one run to ruin a good reputation.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next