Ausmini
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:34 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject: posting pictures
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 7:25 pm 
848cc
848cc

Hi , I would like to post some pictures of my '78 mini on the site but don't know how, can I please email my photos to someone so they can put them on for me, thanks Tony :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 8:57 pm 
the King of Bling

Greetings Tony....Give Phot Shot a Go other wose Email you phot to meand I'll post them for you
AS per below :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 5:54 pm 
848cc
848cc

Thanks Gafmo I will email you some photos, Tony :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 6:50 pm 
1098cc
1098cc

Reprinted with permission

How to post a picture in Ausmini.com forums

1. Host the image
First of all the picture has to already be on the internet somewhere on a web page. It's no good just on your PC because we can't see it if you turn that off and go to bed. So the problem is to get it uploaded onto a web page. This is called "hosting". There are several options to get your own pictures hosted for you, from using web space provided by your ISP through to using free hosts that are there just to provide space for your pictures. You can get more help on hosting your picture from this thread http://ausmini.tziworld.com/viewtopic.p ... ht=hosting If you are just going to refer to a picture that is already hosted on the web, then this step is already done for you.

2. Get the Image URL
Now that your picture is uploaded to a web server and available 24/7 to all, you need to refer to where it is located in your forum post. So just what is the address of your picture? Browse to the web page that is showing the picture and then click on the picture with your right mouse button. A pop up options window will apear, now click on the word "Properties" which is the bottom option in this list. You will now be looking at all the details of this object called your picture. You are interested in the "URL" address listed here. This is the text that you will need to post into your topic and it uniquely describes to any web browser how to get to view this picture. Just highlight ALL this URL text and copy it [hit the "Ctrl" and "c" keys together]. Make sure you get it all from the "http//:..." part all the way to the file name and extension [eg usually a .jpg or .gif] The URL can be quite long sometimes and you may need to drag your mouse over it while it scrolls down to highlight the last part of the address before copying it to your clipboard.

3. Post the image address
Last step is to just post this information into your forum message. You start a new topic or reply to an existing one by clicking on the button you want from the forum and get the compose window that has a row of buttons across the top [a bit like a word processor]. These allow you to do basic formating of your message. The one your interested in here is the IMG button [stands for "Image"] so click this button once and it will place the code [img]into%20your%20message.%20This%20is%20interpreted%20by%20the%20forum%20host%20as%20a%20special%20code%20meaning%20interpret%20the%20following%20text%20as%20an%20address%20to%20an%20image.%20Ok,%20so%20now%20paste%20that%20URL%20address%20we%20saved%20in%20the%20previous%20step%20[hit%20the%20Ctrl"%20and%20"v"%20keys%20together]%20and%20now%20hit%20that%20image%20button%20again%20and%20you%20get%20another[/img] tag, but this time it has a slash in it. This tell he forum host that it is the end of the image address.

So now you should have something that looks like this:

Code:
[img]http://www.users.on.net/~hfrench/images/bc3.jpg[/img]

Now your URL address to your picture will be different to to the one I used above. Each address to each picture file will be uniquely different. The imortant thing here is that you have the image start and image stop tags present in your post, and a valid URL between them giving the correct address of the picture you want to show.

Get it right and a picture appears like this

Have fun
Dat