Ausmini
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:08 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject: L@@K help me out!!
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 11:13 pm 
1098cc
1098cc

after doing an urgent delivery for the family business.... i found myself faced with a parking inspector at my car.... for being in a clearway...it was only a clearway from 4:30 and i was back at my car at 4:32..and then got the ticket that says 4:35...

heres my letter to the council.... what can i write to finish it off??
(imagine it on a official company letter head)

Re: Parking Infringement Notice.

To whom it may concern,

On the 28th of January while attending to an extremely urgent delivery of refrigerated and perishable products from our Shepparton branch to the Coles supermarket (entry Via xxxxxxxxx), I was faced with the infringement notice number 062167661. This was because of parking in what became a clearway zone as of 4:30pm. Upon arrival of the said car parking space, which was 4:22pm precisely, I then removed the goods from my transportation, and left it in the car parking space. To which the vehicle was left locked and with the hazard lights flashing.
Parking in xxxxxxx was a necessity due to the strict timeslots that are needed to access the loading bay at the rear of the store, and being perishable items, it was obviously not a choice. After delivering the products, and returning to my vehicle at 4:32pm, I was faced with one of the most obscene, nasty, and down right rudest council workers I have ever come across, after being told that I “had better move that bloody thing, the bloody tow trucks on its way now”.

I myself belonging to such a customer service orientated company, I couldn’t believe what I was hearing.

As you can see for yourself, the inspector continued to walk from one end of the car to another taking the registration etc and then proceeded to print out a ticket, which states the offence happened at 4:35pm, (keeping in mind it’s a clearway as of 4:30 and is 1hr free parking until then.). When in actual fact, I had returned to the vehicle at 4:32 as stated above.

I hereby believe that this infringement and atrocious manner of the inspector was no ca

C'mon guys.... speek up... its costing me $102 for 2minutes over the limit...

-Cam :cry:

IS NOW BACK ONLINE AFTER SOMETIME..... SORRY TO ALL, FOR NOT REPLYING TO PM'S!!

Last edited by MiNi MuLiShA on Wed Feb 02, 2005 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 11:52 pm 
848cc
848cc

Yeah it downright sux, I know what its like from my days courier driving. Best thing I can suggest is cop the fine, you'll spend months fighting it and then get late fees added. I would base your letter more towards the attitude of the parking inspector and his excellent customer service skills :lol: He rui9ned your day the least you can do is ruin his.

cheers

Building a dream one nap at a time....

http://spaces.msn.com/members/derbydog/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 12:00 am 
1098cc
1098cc

imagine waking up in the morning being a parking cop... hmmm now.. who's money are we gunna squander today??

miserable bastards, no respect for any of them....

thats the most expensive parking ive eva paid for $51 a minute :S

and i didnt even mean to break the rules....

poxy maggots.

c'mon guys... is there anyone out there that can finish the story??

or atleast throw in some tips?

-Cam :evil:

IS NOW BACK ONLINE AFTER SOMETIME..... SORRY TO ALL, FOR NOT REPLYING TO PM'S!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 1:03 am 
1098cc
1098cc

Dude its a clearway.. that means you cant park there even for a second,, you took a chance , as we all have at some stage, and lost.. its a bummer but thats life.. no fancy letter will get you off the hook...
simple you parked when you shouldnt have thats how the law will see it.. maybe it sounds tough.... but if the law was never backed up then people would park anywhere and the city would end up gridlocked ..
time to build a bridge mate.........

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 4:03 am 
1098cc
1098cc

Sorry Cam - Dad is right. Your in the wrong place at the wrong time, that's not the inspector's fault.

Imagine waking up in the morning being a parking cop... oh no not work again, wonder what abuse I have to endure today from some irrate driver who thinks I'm unfairly picking on them when THEY park in the wrong place.

Miserable bastard - no respect for you.

"thats the most expensive parking ive eva paid for $51 a minute :S"
Hang on a minute - it was 2 minute a couple of posts back.

"and i didnt even mean to break the rules...."
and this makes braking the rules ok does it??? do I need to go on?

"poxy maggots. "
sour grapes

"c'mon guys... is there anyone out there that can finish the story??"
yep - name's cam, finishing the story by paying up

"or atleast throw in some tips? "
Tip? - Oh yeah I remember - Always be good to your mum.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 7:28 am 
1360cc
1360cc

Quote:
I was faced with one of the most obscene, nasty, and down right rudest council workers I have ever come across, after being told that I “had better move that bloody thing, the bloody tow trucks on its way now”.

That's too harsh Cam. You will not get any favours from anyone talking (or writing) like that. Be nice :D and they 'might' be nice to you.

Good luck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 7:46 am 
1275cc
1275cc

i have a good finish:

"pretty please can you please let me off please with
a cherry on top"

or go a bit more aggressive:

"let me off the ticket you silly bastards"

or be cruel to them when you know you have to pay:

"i slept with your mum!" :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 7:55 am 
998cc
998cc

I say fight it and elect to have it heard in court. From what I here (and just double ceck this) even if you go to court and lose, court costs are $40.00.

Change your letter and say your watch said 4:30 on the dot and who can conform that the Parking Inspectors watch was right. Say you asked him what time it was as you thought it was 4:30 and say he said 4:33 but still wrote 4:35.

Note: You will not get of from letter alone they just send you backa s atndard reply BUT it does buy you time. Then elect to have it heard in court and it takes over a year to get to court.

If it was 4:40 or 4:45 sure I'de say wear it but not 4:35 when they can see you are obviously returning to you car.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 8:01 am 
1360cc
1360cc

ozmotorsport wrote:
I say fight it and elect to have it heard in court. From what I here (and just double ceck this) even if you go to court and lose, court costs are $40.00.
It cost me $56 over 10 years ago......with inflation, surely it can't be $40?