Ausmini
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:40 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:10 pm 
1360cc
1360cc

Morris 1100 wrote:
I have noticed that there are less and less places selling the R2200P filter

Thats interesting, when i went looking last time about 3mths ago. Repco had about 5 in stock. Autobarn had 4 sitting on the shelf and Supercheap had 2 on the shelf? Theres not many mini's up here, so dunno why they keep stock of them???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:15 pm 
This space for rent

Hanra wrote:
dunno why they keep stock of them???

They don't, they were bought in in 1982 :lol:

The adventures of an owner builder in the Tallarook Ranges

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:22 pm 
SooperDooperMiniCooper ExpertEngineering

It's only been the last ten years that the great majority of old minis have left the roads. Auto shops I have noticed have tended to rationalise their shelves to suit. It's pretty normal to go to one supercheap for a A256 filter and then wander into the autobarn next door to get the other A256 you need for the twin SUs. Nowdays I won't find any at either down my way. even clubman airfilters need to be ordered in, Fat chance too on finding a 2180P oil filter without an advance order...

I remember being able to service my mini with from the Kmart auto isle......including the dizzy.

All garage work involves equal measures of enthusiasm, ingenuity and a fair degree of irresponsibility.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:35 pm 
1360cc
1360cc

sgc wrote:
Hanra wrote:
dunno why they keep stock of them???

They don't, they were bought in in 1982 :lol:

No, these are in new and revised packaging. The filters are no longer sealed in plastic wrap. Just dumped in the box. Plus they were missing the 2 small rubber seals when i looked last.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:48 pm 
848cc
848cc

yes yes yes,spin on,and use a magnet from an old hard drive on the side of it,dr mini as always spot on...cheers andy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:09 am 
848cc
848cc

I could not find any cartridge filters at supercrap or any of the other like minded shops for that matter so I purchased a spin-on kit and it works like a charm. a lot easier and cleaner to use.

But like others have said "keep the cartridge fitler". Im going to clean and paint mine up so i can use it some time in the future if i ever need.

cheers

Brendan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:41 am 
religious status
religious status

The Z418 spin-on filter (also used on Toyota V6 etc) is harder to get now, I found my local Supercrap doesn't carry it. I guess Toyota owners don't get their hands dirty. :wink:
No worry- I buy the `Cooper' ones a dozen at a time from Mekong Spares in occupied Cabramatta... cheaper too.:P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:18 am 
Give Ash some flowers Nick .

Hanra wrote:
No, these are in new and revised packaging. The filters are no longer sealed in plastic wrap. Just dumped in the box. Plus they were missing the 2 small rubber seals when i looked last.

I did an oil change a couple of days ago. The only oil seal that these filters now come with is the large one that you have to prise out of the filter head. They still haven't fixed a problem.

There must be lots of mini owners in Toowoomba. My local supercheap would never have less than 4 Z417 oil filters on the shelf. Maybe I need to start stocking up :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:17 pm 
Yay For Hay!

the S filter is 2053P isn't it??

when I rebuilt my engine earlier this year I went back to the cannister, but I'm going back to the spin on again, and going to buy a remover tool - I decided the cannister was a better idea cos I always had trouble getting the spin on off without pulling the oil cooler out of the way - cos I always tried to undo it by belting a screwdriver through it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:38 pm 
1360cc
1360cc

1018cc wrote:
There must be lots of mini owners in Toowoomba. My local supercheap would never have less than 4 Z417 oil filters on the shelf. Maybe I need to start stocking up :lol:

You buy all four - their computer stock records say 4 sold - replace 4 :roll: next time you buy all 4 again eventually the computer says they are selling 8-12 a month and to increased stock holding to 12 - the dog ends up chasing its tail :lol:

My greatest fear in life is that when I die my wife will sell my Mini and tools for the price I told her I paid for them!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:57 pm 
Yay For Hay!

I went to supercrap after lunch and they had a 418, so I bought it, and a filter wrench thingy that grabs the filter from underneath - for $9 I'll give it a go

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:04 pm 
1275cc
1275cc

1018cc wrote:
I did an oil change a couple of days ago. The only oil seal that these filters now come with is the large one that you have to prise out of the filter head. They still haven't fixed a problem.

Either that or they have fixed the problem but the revised filters haven't made there way to the shop yet. Your local auto shop may not necessarily deal direct with Ryco for the filters.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:45 pm 
Causing or creating vexation

I complained to Ryco about the missing seals and this is the reply I received...
Quote:
Hi Michael,

Appologies for the delay in responding, we have found that the 2 gaskets
have been omitted, as you have advised.

Please accept our sincere appologies and note it is perfectly acceptable
to reuse the gaskets if they are not torn.

We will have the gaskets included in future batches.

Regards,

Michael Roussety

Ryco Customer Service

GUD AUTOMOTIVE PTY LTD

245 Sunshine Road

TOTTENHAM VIC 3012

Ph: 1800 804 541

Fax: 03 9243 3366

Email: RycoService@gud.com.au
Is it an apology if they miss spell apology? :mrgreen:

So if your Ryco filter does not have the seals complain to them so that they really do fix the problem and prove to them that we know the difference. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:56 am 
Give Ash some flowers Nick .

Morris 1100 wrote:
So if your Ryco filter does not have the seals complain to them so that they really do fix the problem and prove to them that we know the difference. :wink:

Email sent to Ryco :mrgreen:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:59 am 
Yay For Hay!

after Hanra sent his email and got a reply, the next 2 I bougth from Repco had the seals in them.... then the last one didn't again :roll:

the flash looking box doesn't have the seals, the plain looking box does

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next