Ausmini
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:54 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 8:45 am 
848cc
848cc

Need some ideas at to how to go about this, or whether it is possible.

It's going to be a Minimatic Engine and gearbox (obviously) going into a minivan.

My understanding is that all vans are dry, but the matic engine came on a different shaped subframe.

I will have the matic's subframe, but unsure as to whether it will just bolt straight in.

Any clues greatly appreciated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 9:22 am 
848cc
848cc

i think it will bolt strait in. they only differnce in the subframes are the struts from my knowledge. i have a matic and i would strong recomend u get a sump guard. u may also need to change your drive shaft as matic have S type uni's

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 9:47 am 
Yay For Hay!

hey Michael, don't worry about it - I've got the auto subframe for you, and I'll show you how to convert it to take the dry suspension..... you just needed to ask me ;) you could always convert the van to hydro you know, give your girlfriend that nice comfy ride

the auto subframes are wider between the engine mounts, the hydro towers are higher, and the front railing is a different shape - it bows out to clear the front of the gearbox. You can put a manual into an auto subframe using spacers under the engine mounts, but not the other way around cos the auto box is a big bugger.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 9:50 am 
Yay For Hay!

oh, you already said what I said... the auto subframe will go in the van no probs, the body mounting points are the same, all the subframe mounting points for aussie mini shells were identical, matics, deluxes, coopers, vans, 850s, clubbies, mokes etc. etc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 8:12 pm 
religious status
religious status

skssgn wrote:
oh, you already said what I said... the auto subframe will go in the van no probs, the body mounting points are the same, all the subframe mounting points for aussie mini shells were identical, matics, deluxes, coopers, vans, 850s, clubbies, mokes etc. etc.

Yep- I dropped a `matic & its subframe straight into a `76 Clubbie- we converted it to wet suspension, too! :shock: 8)
Rode & handled nice... :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 11:02 pm 
I DWIVE A BIG TWUCK
I DWIVE A BIG TWUCK

may have a wet auto subby here
makka