Ausmini
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:58 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject: Is it just me ?
PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 9:32 am 
1098cc
1098cc

Hey All, Is it just me are all the car-related forums on the 'net becoming more and more crap ?

I've been a member of the Minimania forum for a fair few years now, and lately I've stopped posting, mostly due to the irrelevant crap that goes on there (*ping whoever - by the way, I have those beers for you - etc etc etc)

Hot 4's used to have about 15 Technical Questions a day, now we are lucky to get 5 a week.... again, irrelevant crap and people re-posting the same questions over and over again...

The last week, I've noticed that this board is heading in that direction too.......

Not pointing fingers at anyone, but If you want to use it as a dating service, at least take it out of the "Mini Chat" area and put it in the "General Discussion"

I come here to read about, learn about and maybe help someone out about Minis.....

Sorry for the rant, but hey, Its my 2c ....... :twisted:

J

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 9:47 am 
848cc
848cc

I find Minimania 'golden' for tech issues. I always post there if i need a good tech answer.

I do share the rest of your thoughts.

Post subject: Re: Is it just me ?
PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 11:25 am 
998cc
998cc

kazjim wrote:
Hot 4's used to have about 15 Technical Questions a day, now we are lucky to get 5 a week.... again, irrelevant crap and people re-posting the same questions over and over again...

The last week, I've noticed that this board is heading in that direction too.......

Ive been a member of hot4s since it started, and tis always been a bit like that.......questions like what exhaust shoudl i fit, what is cold air induction etc etc

James check out performance forums of you've never been...quite a good board although it still suffers from the same stuff you talk about most of the time.

Ill post up the link when its working cause at the moment its going nowhere![/url]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 11:33 am 
998cc
998cc

i just read all the crap in this place.........i agree with kazjim 100%.

what the fugg is all that crap.......have you people not heard of pms, a telephone, msn even..... :roll:

Last edited by MiniK on Wed May 12, 2004 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 11:34 am 
1098cc
1098cc

I agree totally!!!

mutant mini 1380cc '73 UK imp-Chroma Lusion-leather interior-8 x 300W Diamond Audio Dual Voice Coil 8" subs, Phoenix Gold 4 chnl amp, Pioneer 7550 DVD, 2x Phoenix Gold A1.800d MonoBlock Amp, Focal Utopia splits, 14" chrome rims 195/40/14 tyres

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 1:05 pm 
848cc
848cc

sorry guys.. I cant read everything, but I'm starting to agree with you.

I'm doing my best to delete the crap that gets posted.. and am just about ready to delete some accounts if people dont start talking about mini's around here.
there are several people who have done nothing but post garbage since they signed up fairly obvious cos I get to read "last 10 posts" and things like that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 1:12 pm 
1098cc
1098cc

Thanks Tzi, Appreciate it...

Oh and yes, I do realise the Irony of posting an Off-topic message about Off-topic Messages ! :oops:

All for a good cause though......

Mini On.....
J

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 2:20 pm 
1275cc
1275cc

i'm with kazjim 100% of the way..
also in the forsale section, the people that ask for pics for just about anything, even tho it seems they don't have the money.

i mean i don't have much cash coz im outta work atm, but i dont ask for pics n stuff just so i can see what it looks like. If i do have the money to purchase something, than by all means i do.. i don't see the point in messing with the seller if ur not gonna buy it, or even consider it.

have the cash to back the statement :wink:

my 2c
-mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 7:27 pm 
848cc
848cc

I Concur !!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 7:36 pm 
religious status
religious status

I'm with you James.. :wink:
We're all here to make our Minis louder, meaner and faster... aren't we?? :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 8:27 pm 
848cc
848cc

but isnt a discussion board meant to be just that for discussion?

I mean if it was totally about mini's it would be boring. Thats certain death for a forum. It makes a nice break to chit chat as well about other things. It keeps a forum alive.

Mind you I have to say I dont like the way I have been targetted by a certain person just because I live in Perth.

I hate bitchiness in life, it just shows lack of breeding and not called for at all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 8:40 pm 
1098cc
1098cc

if u dont like whats written, dont read it. ausmini has 13 different forums, and the one we are in now is for mini chat.
this same thread (or near enough) pops up every month here now! :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 8:57 pm 
1275cc
1275cc

rosie, start discussion in general discussion.
mini chat is, for simply mini chat :P

im not having a go at u, ur not the kind of person that gets on my nerves.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 1:56 am 
1098cc
1098cc

Exactly, we all have or should have friends for general bonding, if I wanna talk I pick up the phone or go to a coffee shop. I dont know most of the people here, never met them, we all share the same passion, but apart from that I'm in no particular need of communicating with them (never quite got the whole net chat idea). The only reason that most people here come to the forums is because of their minis, not to flirt and talk dirty and exchange jokes with people they never met. (Damn I sound harsh - its probably the loneliness )

But seriously its really none of my business but some topics do seem to go on forever and ever without any mini related outcome). Though I couldnt hold myself from posting when I saw pommiesheila's amazing Fisher fury.

Dont agree however with the pics of for sale items point - thats the great advantage of the internet and such forums, exchanging info and pictures - they give people ideas and points of reference for recognising parts and performing restorations. How many people for example have seen an original MK1 Cooper S brake booster or even know what is different about it, and how many people could've just gotten the photos from the owner in a few minutes before the internet was around?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 8:26 am 
998cc
998cc

Rosiemini wrote:
but isnt a discussion board meant to be just that for discussion?

I mean if it was totally about mini's it would be boring. Thats certain death for a forum. It makes a nice break to chit chat as well about other things. It keeps a forum alive.

Mind you I have to say I dont like the way I have been targetted by a certain person just because I live in Perth.

I hate bitchiness in life, it just shows lack of breeding and not called for at all.

Exactly as 850pvan said....

Chit Chat -----> General discussion

Mini Chat ------> MINIS....we want to read what to do etc. I dont mind people introducing themselves like you did rosie. To me thats fair enough...

Its just the other SPAM that gets annoying at tiems when you have to go through it!

And someone having a go cause you live in Perth? :shock: .......What on earth is wrong with Perth?