Ausmini
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:37 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 12:10 pm 
1275cc
1275cc

I think that its the same with every car, but there are

1. Ba$tards that will scratch, dent, damage, dirty or otherwise vandalise your Mini for no reason what so ever
2. Ba$tards that will break into your Mini to take anything from clothes and CDs to loose change for toll on the floor
3. Ba$tards that know what a Mini in parts is worth that will just pick the thing up and take it away.

I have learned from the weekend after some *^&%@( #(&$*^ ( :x :x :x) stole the caps from my new alloys while the car was parked 15 meters aaway from where I was standing AT MY MUMS PLACE that my car is going to be locked up except for when I drive it and when I drive it I AM NOT LETTING IT OUT OF MY SIGHT.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 7:18 pm 
998cc
998cc

I was dropping two of the young apprentices off at the mechanic after work to pick their bombadore up, and decided to give the little girl some curry round the last few corners.

Taking the last very sharp corner resulted in a bit of a grinding noise. When they asked what it was, I just replied "The wheel rubbing on the guard". I dint feel like mentioning, that it's the hardest the old girl's been thrown into a corner and was worried I was about to cut the tyre in half. I sometimes get the tyre rubbing when I fang into a roundabout, but that corner certainly had me worried for a few seconds

They still dont believe my car will take a roundabout quicker than their commadore

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 7:33 pm 
religious status
religious status

Parked somewhere a while back and this dude says "Oooh you know they are making these again, don't you!" :x
So, my rear window sticker now says..`Real Mini! No BMW parts inside..' :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 7:44 pm 
998cc
998cc

Similar to your comment Doc. I cant believe the amount of people that think of mini's being old.

I told one of the blokes at work I'd like a 90's model mini. He wouldnt believe me that they were made up until 2000 LOL. Had to take one of my mini magazines in to show him.

Or the fact that a mini could beat a WRX down the 1/4. Given it had a turbo'd late model engine, but the mini still beat him. hehehehehe

Ricers make BABY JESUS cry.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 8:59 am 
Resident Haemorrhoid

the other night at a family dinner
my brother (a BINI owner :oops: , an executive type, doesn't have a CLUE type person) asked my father

"why did they called it a MINI - was it because of their sizel?" - DER :roll: :roll:

Dad was a Mini Cooper S owner in the 60's in England :D
- he has never gotten over having to get rid of it - :evil: \

He returned home from sea to find Mum had brought a pushchair (pram) that didn't fit in the boot - :shock: :x :x
I was the baby at the time. :oops:

I for some reason have still to live that one down even more so now I own a MINI myself :lol: :lol:

Tombo wrote:
Gadgets has never been so right :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 11:13 pm 
848cc
848cc

im sick of people telling me that ive restored my mini well - i havent done much its a 93 rover std!!

or that its a 1993 model

or is it a 1275 - no 1.3EFI then i get no they were carbbys...

A copper asked me recentally how it could do 110kms with 4 blokes in it, then he asked, did u all get out of THAT