Ausmini
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:21 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 6:38 pm 
1275cc
1275cc

haaaaaaaaaaaaaa ha ha ha...

Actually I was thinking about it... isnt it our obligation to tell these d**kheads that they are wrong. Otherwise we nod and say "Oh really" and then the next poor bastard gets the same crap.

From now on, I am telling them off... :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 6:41 pm 
1275cc
1275cc

really? I couldnt tell em off really, it poohs me but at the end of the day, these old/middle age peopple are the idiots paying $20k for cooper s. so lets be nice so they keep paying us the silly money :lol:

Post subject: Young Guns...
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 7:20 pm 
1360cc
1360cc

To the young Mini enthusiasts on Ausmini....

You should try to be more understanding in the future....

You need to understand that a bunch of older folk (including me) lived through the 1960s which was a revolutionary time....

Minis symbolise that time...Minis made their name during that period...

Try and understand that older people may not have exact recollections of every technical detail of Mini....but....their hearts are probably in the right place....

Can I suggest that you all just bathe in the glory created by Mini in the past and continue to do them proud and show them in their best light for ever more....Cheers, Mick

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 7:23 pm 
1275cc
1275cc

hey Mick I aint dissing the "older" generations... I am taking the piss out of the d**kheads who get out of their WRXs and want me to "smoke em up" cause naturally any cooper S could "smoke em up" :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 7:39 pm 
1275cc
1275cc

hmmm true true Mick, I guess Its cos they speak to us/me like I have never heared of a mini and dont appreciate the heritage of them. but i guess it doesnt really matter...at least someone talks to me :lol:

Post subject: Smoke em up?????????
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 7:48 pm 
1360cc
1360cc

czerial wrote:
hmmm true true Mick, I guess Its cos they speak to us/me like I have never heared of a mini and dont appreciate the heritage of them. but i guess it doesnt really matter...at least someone talks to me :lol:

Smoke em up?????????...you have to understand that the this is a fairly new way of talking....in the olden days, people appreciated the total performance of a car...acceleration was one aspect...driveability and point to point ability (where Mini excelled) was another...

They are probably NOT talking to you in that way....just trying to share the joy that they experienced in their younger days...oldies can be frustrating sometimes but can also be very knowledgeable and astute.

just saying that you younger fellas have inherited a whole heap of baggage that goes with being a Mini owner......enjoy :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 7:53 pm 
1275cc
1275cc

point taken mate...next time i see you (do you have a walking stick yet :lol: :lol: ) ill have a chat....

JOKES mate, seriously I love to chat minis...just not the condescending way some people do it inadvertantly...and im sure they dont mean it...thanks will take it on board! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 8:03 pm 
1275cc
1275cc

Dont worry boys,
ive been on cruises with Chris and Marcello
and as much as they sound like theyre young smartasses laughing under their breaths at anyone trying to give them advice
theyre not.
We had a half hour conversation with a fella who used to own a cooper
and his dad still owns a mini van
and it was such a good talk.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 8:07 pm 
1275cc
1275cc

OR there was that one time when we were on that cruise and Marcello and I were talking to some bloke for 30 mins but duc couldnt cos he decided to pull his car aprart in the car park :lol: :lol:

and yes, im talking bug, but most that know me im a big softy, i couldnt tell anyone off who takes the time to tell me how great my car is.... :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 8:08 pm 
1275cc
1275cc

There was also that other 45 minute conversation we were having with an "old" Wollongong boy and his wife at Tiera Lookout as he pointed out all the coolest roads around the beach front there for us to belt along. Duck you missed that conversation because you were too busy pulling your car apart in the car park.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 8:10 pm 
1275cc
1275cc

no i heard him talking about his mate and his mini tearing up and down the streets of wools.
he even pointed some of them out to you down over the railings

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 8:15 pm 
1275cc
1275cc

so Duc you mean we could have left 20 mins earlier if you werent too busy listening to the conversation :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject: Thanks Guys..
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 8:26 pm 
1360cc
1360cc

Thank you....just remember....you may...one day meet an older person...who has been there and done that....AND got the Tee Shirt :!:

Enjoy Minis 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 8:37 pm 
ET 13.457 seconds , OH YEAH !!!!

I was in no way ragging on at any of the older guys. In fact I don't think I brought age into it..stupidity doesn't discriminate :D

In fact I have great respect for the guys who have been there and done that, and KNOW what they're talking about ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 8:40 am 
848cc
848cc

Frankly, I don't really mind the hopelessly innacurate stuff that people come out with(old or young) For the most part they're just trying to make conversation and being friendly.
The difference is we are face to face with these people (unlike an online forum) and have to try and be diplomatic (also unlike some forums!)
I'm pretty sure we've all misquoted 'alleged facts' at some stage in our lives and will probably do it again.
I figure that if I drive an unusual car I'm goingto have unusual things said to me, it's all part of the mix.

My 2c worth

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next