Ausmini
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:03 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject: Cheaper mini parts
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:33 pm 
998cc
998cc

Is it just me or is it cheaper to get stuff in uk then here in aus.
I'm the first to keep it here in oozy but after looking at both mini sport in uk and mini sport here looks to be heaps cheaper in the uk.
What is there post aged like ?

Post subject: Re: Cheaper mini parts
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:41 pm 
religious status
religious status

Post or courier from UK is expensive, by the time you pay it the total cost is not that much better than here.
And when you find it's all the same (often rubbish), you have more grief getting it repaired/exchanged.

Not all suppliers here are expensive.. only some. :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:47 pm 
1275cc
1275cc

I tend to use Karcraft a fair bit. They are very good on price and they are quick on post and I normally get them next day when I order early in the day.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:56 pm 
998cc
998cc

The quicker postage, and ease of dealing with problems have been the big winners with me lately.

last year when I was buying all sorts of stuff while I restored the clubby I got a huge box of rubbers from the UK... they were WAAAY cheaper than anything I found here. took me a while to figured out exactly which bits i needed tho... as some bits are not used on UK cars, or slightly different.

I have bought locally from minisport.com.au, classicmotoring.net.au, minis.com.au and karcraft
All have been good to deal with, haven't had a problem with any.
Once I know what I need I just check them all out and buy from which ever makes the most sense. (taking into consideration price, postage, availability, package deals, etc)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:53 pm 
1275cc
1275cc

That's why you think parts in the UK are so cheap. Your dealing with minisport Australia.

Try Karcraft, you will be surprised, not much difference than buying direct from UK (sometimes cheaper as well). Plus usually have it the next day. That's Who I deal with. Then when They cant help me Either direct from UK or Lindsay at minis plus.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:02 pm 
848cc
848cc

depends on parts i found when i needed a new alternator postage from the UK would bump the price up to the same cost as locally.

postage is the killer at the moment with parts from the Uk in some cases costing almost as the product itself this is due to the US$ being strong which drive up everyone elses currency value.

minisport buy all there stock through minispares and there also no association with minisport in the UK, and judging by the price difference i dont think they get much of a trade discount if any at all hence why its pricey once you account for markup to be able to sell products to maintain a store front.

my advice is shop around, a quick google search you will find many many mini parts suppliers so you can get the best deal. since your in NSW karkraft would be able to offer much cheaper postage than minisport here in SA

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:01 pm 
848cc
848cc

One positive for Minisport Australia is that if you genuinely need something quickly, they definitely have the quickest postage of everyone. I've ordered to Queensland and received it before lunch the next day.

Karcraft is much cheaper and also reliable, though. It's also a bit dispiriting when you order parts from Minisport and they have the same photo and parts number as Minispares, but three times the price.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:03 pm 
Causing or creating vexation

I don't want cheaper parts. I want better quality parts.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:57 pm 
religious status
religious status

Morris 1100 wrote:
I don't want cheaper parts. I want better quality parts.

Hear hear.

Some parts, eg. Hi-Los are being made here now because the quality of imported ones is appalling lately.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:20 pm 
998cc
998cc

Sometimes it just depends on who has what in stock. Having said that though, Minisport South Australia are turn around heros, for when your parts absolutely have to get there quickly. Anyone stocking aussie steering rack pinion bearing any more?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:48 pm 
religious status
religious status

Oz and UK steering rack bearing is NLA everywhere. It's the same part.

Mini King can sell you Marina rack bearings, with a CNC adaptor to fit a Mini rack. I know of no other source.

I'm sure the Chinese could churn some Mini ones out cheaply if an order for a zillion was forthcoming. But I've not seen any yet.