Ausmini
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:43 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:00 am 
848cc
848cc

... should be fine.

It's spent the last few days out in the rain and so this morning after the Minister for War and Finance left the undercover space clear when she left in the Scooby Doo, I kicked it in the guts and put it inside. Bit of water about needless to say, and the distributor was a little damp and maybe one of the leads had copped it. I've had the coil lead off for added security since the Land Rover sold. It used to be the perfect foil for any thief. No one in their right mind would nick that. And if they wanted the Mini, they had to first ge tthe Landy started, then figure out how it moved. Anyway ... dont think the coil lead off was the problem ... it was running OK but on three and set the smoke alarm off. Didnt have time to dry it out and try again. Thats a job for this arvo but hopefully a day in the garage will sort that out. So I'm wondering if anyone has a photo of the rubber glove upgrade. Reckon it should be easy enough, but does anyone have any recommendations for the brand of sports deluxe glove would work best if it was on all the time? Or will anything do? I've seen the coil rubber boot on some spares sites. I might get one of those for a bit of peace of mind too. And a Hella Red Key to save having to remove it all the time.

Cheers ... R

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:33 pm 
848cc
848cc

I think I'm going to replace the diz with an electro.

The 25D with the side entry looks about right and has a nice add on franga that fits over it to save any unplanned soldiers getting in causing you know what and ultimately lowering the libido of the distributor and lead.

The coil boot looks OK too.

While were keeping the oversplash at bay I might grab some door glass rubbers.

Cant be too careful.

Next pay I think.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:59 pm 
1275cc
1275cc

I cut the back out of a 2ltr Orange juice container. The leads go through the cap hole and a I leave a bit of the handle as a hook.

1978 ex 1275 LS ("Wizard" Eaton Supercharged) :)
2015 HSV GenF GTS(occasional drive & tow car)
2019 MINI F55 Cooper S

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:01 pm 
848cc
848cc

Safety Cert with flying colours.

I'm not sure the dude stopped his car on the way past. He might have wound the window down.

Got the CTP in order now can drive it to the Chermy TMR in the morning.

I've got the Mini chase scene from Bourne identity in my mind right now.

"Last chance Maree ... "

But what will actually happen is the scene from the same movie where he has to bust out of the consulate. Though it will be the TMR office for me. Why do I feel so nervous and dodgy about my non standard life choices when jumping through flaming red tape hoops?

Was brought up in a pro Labor and big government family. But the older I get the more I think ... f that. Just hand over the plates.

I'm sure its just stage fright and it'll be fine. Here we go for a sleepless night.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:28 am 
848cc
848cc

No one at the TMR Qld will ever die of a heart attack. But they did get the Brown Mini initials right.

And now we get to find out whats really wrong with it.

Attachment:
Brown_Mini.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:52 pm 
1275cc
1275cc

ruski73 wrote:
No one at the TMR Qld will ever die of a heart attack. But they did get the Brown Mini initials right.

And now we get to find out whats really wrong with it.

Attachment:
Brown_Mini.jpg

I see they tried to use the M2/05A 1108 body number and not the 1607 chassis number. And they made a mess of the body number as well. Did the RWC mechanic stuff it up?

Attachment:
Chassis Y2A1108.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 4:23 pm 
848cc
848cc

Yep ordinary effort from all concerned. The word concerned seems a bit out of place. Think I might let some water pass under before I get it corrected.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:08 am 
1360cc
1360cc

ruski73 wrote:
Yep ordinary effort from all concerned. The word concerned seems a bit out of place. Think I might let some water pass under before I get it corrected.

Good luck with that! :shock:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:09 am 
998cc
998cc

Not restricted to Qld, I had a car in vic that the so called inspector refused to believe the matching plate and rad shroud numbers, so made up his own. It was then impossible to change later as I was told the whole front end from the windscreen forward must have been replaced, and was I involved in cut and shut felony??
There is no cure for stupidity.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:47 pm 
1360cc
1360cc

Steam wrote:
Not restricted to Qld, I had a car in vic that the so called inspector refused to believe the matching plate and rad shroud numbers, so made up his own. It was then impossible to change later as I was told the whole front end from the windscreen forward must have been replaced, and was I involved in cut and shut felony??
There is no cure for stupidity.

I had the same thing happen to me...but decided not to rock the boat...the car has been re-registered 5 times now (live to fight another day!)

Too be fair: if a car is presented to an authorised inspection station for change of rego or new rego (in NSW)...then the authorised inspection staff search the database for any duplicates and a description that matches...the fact that the RMS just rubber stamps what they say is no help at all!

[PS I did win the Mini K fight that was coming up as a trailer in QLD 8) ]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 6:24 pm 
998cc
998cc

No wonder a Mini K comes up as a trailer when the so called authorities just make crap up as they go along.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 6:45 pm 
religious status
religious status

RTA/RMS have form in this.
A friend of mine had a Mini K 15? years ago that back in 69 had been written off in a smash when only a month or so old.
Back then repair shops could buy a body in white from BMC, paint it and swap everything over.
The new shell only had a body part number stamped on it.
The RTA used that for chassis number. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2021 1:10 pm 
848cc
848cc

Spotto!
Saw you near Samford today, looks great :)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:28 am 
848cc
848cc

ben73 wrote:
Spotto!
Saw you near Samford today, looks great :)

Haha ... thats awesome. The test lap is usually out of Ferny Grove and up Lochinvar Rd, McLean Rd and then back home up the main drag over the range. Or reverse. Know every single pothole from doing the same often on a pushbike. Not lately on that though.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:00 am 
848cc
848cc

I kept telling my partner to slow down so you would catch up so I could have a good look :)
We we in her '71 pinkish Beetle, returning from a VW event at Dayboro.