Ausmini
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:10 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:48 am 
848cc
848cc

Hi

Could anybody please advice the length of the Cooper S fuel tank Breather tube in total.
I know it crosses from the tank to the opposite side and down the rear boot wall (clips) and though the hole in the boot floor.
Would also like to see any photo's of the tube placement in or near the rear sub frame for relocating it in the correct factory position and length under the body floor.

Pete.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:15 am 
1275cc
1275cc

Are you talking single or twin tanks - single tank breather does not cross over and goes through floor near fuel hose outlet hose hole. It is a bit shorter than twin setup.
Recently replaced breather tubes on an S - old ones were 1320mm (4' 4"). They hang down by about 50-70mm and end in mid air just inside the subframe side rails.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:30 am 
848cc
848cc

Bill B wrote:
Are you talking single or twin tanks - single tank breather does not cross over and goes through floor near fuel hose outlet hose hole. It is a bit shorter than twin setup.
Recently replaced breather tubes on an S - old ones were 1320mm (4' 4"). They hang down by about 50-70mm and end in mid air just inside the subframe side rails.

Hi Bill B

Yes twin tanks on my Cooper S.
Just going over a few items that I was unsure of when I restored the car.
Thank you for the information regards length and placement/fitting. A real big help :-)
Should be an enjoyable project to re correct.

Cheers Bill

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:14 pm 
848cc
848cc

Bill B wrote:

Did the tabs that hold the fuel breather tube in the boot ( rear boot wall and rear window panel under side) have a rubber sleeve in place to protect the breather tube from damage.

I noted that the lower taps for the wiring loom at the rear had rubber sleeves on them.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:29 pm 
1275cc
1275cc

Firefirey wrote:
Bill B wrote:

Did the tabs that hold the fuel breather tube in the boot ( rear boot wall and rear window panel under side) have a rubber sleeve in place to protect the breather tube from damage.

I noted that the lower taps for the wiring loom at the rear had rubber sleeves on them.

Wiring tabs did. Fuel vent tabs did not.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:53 am 
848cc
848cc

gtogreen1969 wrote:
Firefirey wrote:
Bill B wrote:

Wiring tabs did. Fuel vent tabs did not.

Hi
Thanks for that info.
Have fitted new tube and and will now re glue the original felt back up under the rear upper boot panel.
I ended up making the length of the tube to fit the Cooper S rather than cut to length but It was only a 100mm more than Bill B mentioned.
The felt is still really in excellent condition.
Pete.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:05 pm 
848cc
848cc

What colour tube was used on the su fuel pump mounted at the rear of the Cooper S.
One tube is for the breather rivet. Colour unknown?
The other tube goes to waste from the fuel pump which I have and the colour is green (like the windscreen washer tube).
Any idea's please.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:17 pm 
1275cc
1275cc

Firefirey wrote:
What colour tube was used on the su fuel pump mounted at the rear of the Cooper S.
One tube is for the breather rivet. Colour unknown?
The other tube goes to waste from the fuel pump which I have and the colour is green (like the windscreen washer tube).
Any idea's please.

This is the hose for my breather rivet. Its brown now but may have started life clear.
Attachment:
20170314_161234.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:40 pm 
1360cc
1360cc

The tube was part 97H2679. It looks to be clear.

http://www.jagspares.co.uk/Abingdon/par ... no=97H2679

The superceded part is sold as washer tubing by Minispares.

http://www.minispares.com/product/classic/GWW202M.aspx

VMCI #43

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:09 pm 
1275cc
1275cc

winabbey wrote:

Clear as mud. :mrgreen:

"Clear plastic windscreen washer tubing sold by the metre only. This is the larger size and was known as 1/4" bore because GWW201M is 1/8" bore. This hose is actually now known as 4.8mm which is nearer 3/16". This was known as 1/4" hose before decimalisation or 5mm but it is the larger bore size 3/16" 5mm but is corect for the largest bore size used on the mini"