Ausmini
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:15 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: SA Rego Problems
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:55 pm 
1275cc
1275cc

captainwaldopepper wrote:
Yes GTO-the old 1 to 4 switch seems to have been (and maybe still is) a common practise.
I'd be happy to just keep it as a nice (relatively) correct Mini K and not deceive anyone.

Yep Me too. My pet hate is seeing replicas getting around as "real" Coopers. Hope you get it sorted because it looks like a very nice K.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:20 pm 
998cc
998cc

Strewth, I can't believe the drama.
Drove my unregistered mini to Grieg, he inspected it and filled out the Blue slip.
Paid the green slip on line, ordered plates, went to Services NSW and paid the rego and picked up the plates.
No previous rego required.
When Grieg checked the body number it came up as a trailer in SA as they often do.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:30 pm 
1360cc
1360cc

Definitely no paperwork under carpets or hidden anywhere as I stripped the car down to a shell, resprayed it and then rebuilt it.

Can you still contact the previous owner? Would they still have some paperwork squirreled away? (I know, clutching at straws!) :?

Last edited by 9YaTaH on Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:41 pm 
848cc
848cc

I am still trying to get in touch with the person that owned the car prior to the person i bought it off.
He is an interstate truckie that is often away so it might take a while for him to get back to me.

"67 Deluxe resto project (Monty)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:54 pm 
848cc
848cc

GTO-she not only looks nice but drives great as well now that she's all rebuilt.
I am planning on using this car as my main drivable mini once (if) i get this rego issue sorted out (only on fine sunny days though!!).

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:19 am 
1360cc
1360cc

I am still trying to get in touch with the person that owned the car prior to the person i bought it off. He is an interstate truckie that is often away so it might take a while for him to get back to me.

40 Channel UHF
Use:
NSW
Channel 29 477.125 Simplex Pacific Hwy (NSW) & Bruce Hwy (Qld) Road Channel
Channel 30 477.150 Simplex UHF CB Broadcasts
Channel 31 477.175 Repeater Input
Channel 32 477.200 Repeater Input (36 more rows)

QLD
Current UHF CB band plan (80 Channels)
Channel 29 477.1250 Road safety channel Pacific Hwy/Mwy between Brisbane (QLD) and Sydney (NSW)
Channel 30 477.1500 General Chat Channel
Channel 31 477.1750 Repeater Input
Channel 32 477.2000 Repeater Input

etc etc :lol:

http://www.nationalheavyhaulage.com.au/ ... -explained

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:37 am 
998cc
998cc

Can't believe the issues you are having, feel for you. I took my mini in which had no history in any state, no plates and best guess from the guy I bought it from was his uncle last had it rego'd in tassie over 20 years ago. Tier 2 check guy's had a look and told me no records plus the usual stuff could do with rear belts etc but as it is a 67 they are not req. Then signed off with a congrats you are the first registered owner. Luck of the draw?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:08 pm 
848cc
848cc

Good news today-the car passed the ID check and is now officially on the road :D
The problem seemed to have been a lack of initial information and the fact that there was no prior registration history anywhere in Australia.
I was somewhat naive in assuming that just the details on the ID plate and radiator would be enough!.
They are definitely more thorough these days, especially if it hasn't been on the road for a long time!!.
Once I gave them the details of the original ad, the previous owner, the details of the bloke before him (who had owned it for ~ 20 years) and all the before and after photos of the numbers and different parts of the car, they were happy to pass it.
I still need to take my "64 850 in so will definitely take more information next time.
Cheers
Dave

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:22 pm 
1098cc
1098cc

That's utter bulls**t, having to jump through hoops to prove something so straight forward. No wonder there's people out there that hate trips to the DOT in any state. Its a bit crazy that we still have a state by state systems that don't even talk to each other. You'd think with today's technology it would be a cinch.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:15 pm 
848cc
848cc

Great news Dave. I know how much work you have put into that car and it's good to know there's another mini on the road.
Good luck with the 850 now !
cheers

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:36 am 
848cc
848cc

Thanks Evan-really should also update the Panda story now she's finished-have a bunch more pics to add.
Cheers
Dave

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:25 pm 
1360cc
1360cc

peterb wrote:
That's utter bulls**t, having to jump through hoops to prove something so straight forward. No wonder there's people out there that hate trips to the DOT in any state. Its a bit crazy that we still have a state by state systems that don't even talk to each other. You'd think with today's technology it would be a cinch.

Ya would...wouldn't ya :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:45 pm 
848cc
848cc

9YaTaH wrote:
peterb wrote:

All States systems do talk to each other. It happens through a system called NEVDIS http://www.austroads.com.au/drivers-vehicles/nevdis

What they don't do is include historical data that is stored on a physical format like microfiche or printed media. If any of that was still retained, which I doubt is the case to any great extent if at all, the costs to enter it into a searchable database would be cost prohibitive, not to mention the fact that the majority of records would be unlikely to ever be searched!

Think about it - pretty much greater than 99% of all vehicles that have become unregistered for 3 years or more in the last 30 years have probably gone forever, and no-one is looking for them.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:29 pm 
1360cc
1360cc

Tim I wrote:
9YaTaH wrote:
peterb wrote:

All States systems do talk to each other. It happens through a system called NEVDIS http://www.austroads.com.au/drivers-vehicles/nevdis

What they don't do is include historical data that is stored on a physical format like microfiche or printed media. If any of that was still retained, which I doubt is the case to any great extent if at all, the costs to enter it into a searchable database would be cost prohibitive, not to mention the fact that the majority of records would be unlikely to ever be searched!

Think about it - pretty much greater than 99% of all vehicles that have become unregistered for 3 years or more in the last 30 years have probably gone forever, and no-one is looking for them.

Ummm..No. Lots of cars go off the RADAR for years then remerge after a work spurt or change of ownership...

As for your typical economic rationalist bean counting gibber...a simple cataloguing and cross referencing system for hard copy like microfiche etc would be easy to establish and accountants could then clap their hands in glee and say to customers..."Yes!! we have found your old Mini cross referenced in our index...so relax...now open your wallet, because we will be charging you to recover the hard copy information that we paid a consultant a Bazillion to capture :!:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:39 pm 
848cc
848cc

9YaTaH wrote:

Ummm..No. Lots of cars go off the RADAR for years then remerge after a work spurt or change of ownership...

As for your typical economic rationalist bean counting gibber...a simple cataloguing and cross referencing system for hard copy like microfiche etc would be easy to establish and accountants could then clap their hands in glee and say to customers..."Yes!! we have found your old Mini cross referenced in our index...so relax...now open your wallet, because we will be charging you to recover the hard copy information that we paid a consultant a Bazillion to capture :!:

Yeah, I'm good thanks...

And I wont take offence either, as I'm definitely not a 'economic rationalist bean counter'... but was just explaining what IS in place and why it doesn't help us.

Have a great day :-)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next