Ausmini
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:23 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject: Melbourne trip planned
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:17 am 
Bimmer Twinky

hi all, just letting everyone know that Marly & me are going to be travelling to Melourne
next weekend (14th, 15th, 16th of July)
it will only be a short stay in Melbourne,
Pulling into Bathurst on the way daown, see the Museum, drive around the track etc
head down to Bells Beach for a little Look-see,
soak up the atmosphere & maybe have breakfast there sat morn
after that we`ll be dropping in to see some friends with Boxer dogs,
going to pick-up a mini
then off to another Boxer friends place a couple of hours east of Melbourne
then heading back up the east coast through sydney on Monday & up to Byron for the run home
If anyone wants to catch-up while i`m down there i may have an hour or so sat morning & another hour or 2 sat arvo
i know it`s not a lot of time but still, just thought we might be able to catch up if anyones keen?
cheers
Matt

You should put your heart & soul into everything you do.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:44 am 
848cc
848cc

Where about "A couple of hours east of Melbourne" ??

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:04 pm 
998cc
998cc

Brrrrrrr. Snow country, but Mr and Mrs Flapper are great people to catch up with, and its like a combination of walking into Repco spare parts and Melbourne Car City - cars and stuff everywhere.

Last edited by Minicooper4me on Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:11 pm 
1360cc
1360cc

So the rumour that you are relocating ReadSpeed Mini Mecca to Melbourne may have some truth to it, as this looks very much like a reconnaissance mission for a new site to me? A little bird said you want to move down south because you have a bucket list dream to ring the bell next Easter at arguably Australia's top surfing spot. The move itself should be a breeze as you've no doubt become an expert at relocating tonnes of Mini stuff.

Seriously, if you and Marly have an hour to spare on any of the days you are in Melbourne I'd love to finally meet face to face. Just give me some warning on the day to make sure I'm home. I'll put the kettle on and try to find a good alternative to your wagon wheels to munch on. No problem if it doesn't fit in to your schedule. I'm near Caulfield close to the Princes Highway and M1 which both head south east of Melbourne.

I'll email you my contact details.

P.S. Have you driven the Albert Park F1 track?

P.P.S. Is this the Boxer you talk of?

Attachment:
PUB1058 Cover.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

VMCI #43

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:51 pm 
848cc
848cc

Matt, are you going Princes Hwy or Hume Hwy back to Sydney?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:28 am 
1360cc
1360cc

Matt, going anywhere near the NSW Southern Highlands? We have great Bakeries here :) 8)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:06 am 
Bimmer Twinky

hee hee,,, not relocating Doug,,, yes we have had enough of moving 55million toinnes of mini parts & scrap metal,,, at least for a few years anyways :-)

we plan to head out of Bne on (or about) 10am thursday morn
run through onto the Newell & try to get to Gilgandra or Dubbo that night for a sleep-over
then head to Bathurst for a look around both the track & the museum
then keep heading south-west through WaggaWagga etc
Hope to get to Torquey/Bells by friday night
Maybe have breaky & a coffee at Bells sat morn (dependant upon a few things going on which we havn`t been able to concreat yet
then go see one of Marlys Friends (owns Boxer dogs)
& pick up a mini in the next suburb around lunchtime-ish (not certain yet, time depends on Marly & friends really)
then we aim to head east ot of Melbourne to Rosedale?, to see another Boxer friend, spend a coupla hours or more there
then keep heading east to the coast road & make our way up the easy coast, through Sydney & up to Byron for a rest & pick-up a mini power unit from another friend, maybe have a surf
then head home & fall asleep for a few weeks :-)
if you guys can text me names & addresses maybe i can shout away from Marly & her boxer friends
mis morning sat & mid-to-late afternoon sat for a catch-up???
cheers
Matt & Marly

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:47 am 
Bimmer Twinky

Change of plans,,, we should be at Bells beach late (edit)-> "Friday" day night (staying the night there)
we`ll pig some breaky & a coffee down & get over to Oakleigh by 8.30-ish to meet up with friends
but then i`ll leave Marly there & head over to "Real Automotive" (Melbourne) at about 9am sat morn (to pick up a mini)
so if anyones keen to catch up maybe that`s the spot yeah?
i can hang around there for an hour or so, but have to be back up the road to pick Marly
up before 10.30am so we can get back on the road out to Rosedale before lunch with friends
we are going to try to get outa there by 3pm to hit the east coast road for the trip home
Sorry i can`t really spend anymore time than that, it`s meant to be a quick trip :-)
cheers all
Matt & Marly

Last edited by TheMiniMan on Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:57 am 
1360cc
1360cc

Matt, remember it is NSW school holidays...so if you are heading up the coast...be vewy, vewy careful of dopes popping out of the shrubbery onto the Princes Hwy A1 (what a pathetic bit of road!) from side streets etc or generally just wandering about :roll:

Safe Travelling...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:38 am 
1360cc
1360cc

Matt - assume you mean Bells late Friday night, not Saturday? If you plan to be in Oakleigh (next suburb to me) at 9 am it will mean an early start from Bells. I'd allow 2-3 hours.
I may come over to Real for a quick chat.

VMCI #43

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:05 pm 
Bimmer Twinky

Oops , thanks Doug --> yep, sorry i have edited to Friday night (i`m awesome at planning & sorting correct information aren`t i ? :-) (Not) :-)

& yes Mick, i`ll just be pottering along, the vitara with a mini on a trailer won`t be going fast at all :-)
& besides, i`m not a big fan of speeding tickets either :-)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:12 pm 
998cc
998cc

we are 5 mins off the Western Ring Rd in Airport West if you need a coffee / wee Friday night on the way through. no stress but you do have me on F/B so you can shoot me a message if you want / need to pop past. The Fang's are in the shed, too cold to drive one to Oakleigh + it's 4 tanks of fuel for the round trip { read tight ar$e } I get that you are running to a time schedule so I won't hold you up for long { dad probs will, retired and loves a chat }

We were prob. drunk when we set it up last and thought this will be a good idea

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:05 pm 
848cc
848cc

Have sent you a PM

Graham

Of all the things I have lost, I miss my mind the most.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:51 am 
848cc
848cc

Wow, thats a tight schedule. The kettle will be on for anyone that wants to catch up here.....I suppose its too early for beer.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:36 am 
1360cc
1360cc

TheMiniMan wrote:

& yes Mick, i`ll just be pottering along, the vitara with a mini on a trailer won`t be going fast at all :-)
& besides, i`m not a big fan of speeding tickets either :-)

Matty, wasn't talking about low-flying...just be super alert (the world needs more Lerts!) :wink: