Ausmini
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:34 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:13 pm 
848cc
848cc

As mentioned in the what did you do to your mini post the other day I replaced the annoying original oil filter fitting with a new spin on type now I can change the oil filter much easier and cleaner Image

So after that job the other day everything was going well till this morning I go to start the old girl and she said NO!!!

Starter motor decided that it would spin but not engage. It has been threatening This for a while but I just haven't got around to fixing it. So off to mini kingdom got myself a new starter motor (could not be bothered trying to fix the old one)

as you can see I also replaced the solenoid as the original had a dodgy connector and I was waiting for it to fail. I did replace this with a new one a few months back but the new one was rubbish and died after a week so the old one went back in till today

Also replaced the radiator cap the way me I was using seemed to let out to much water the car never gets hot after I completely overhauled the cooling system but seem the radiator cap was letting out water from the overflow to the point where earlier this week when I looked into the radiator to top it up I could see the coils

Love these cars so easy to work on and so much fun to drive

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:46 pm 
1098cc
1098cc

Isn't it good to do straight forward jobs like a starter within having to remove the engine ,like some of these new cars, :-)