Ausmini
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:09 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject: Re: Original underlay
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:55 pm 
848cc
848cc

My bad then, another trip downstairs.......

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:06 pm 
848cc
848cc

Lets try again....brain frazzled. Too much QA accreditation b/s today.......

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:37 am 
1275cc
1275cc

Firefirey wrote:
gtogreen1969 wrote:
Firefirey wrote:
gtogreen1969 is the vinyl grain shown in the above photo of the under bonnet fire wall sound proofing the same as the boot board vinyl on your Cooper S.? or is there a noticeable difference.
Cheers.
That was ausdinos firewall mat. Maybe he can compare it to his boot board. My car had a resto about 20 years ago and those were replaced on my car.

Ok. Cheers for that.
Would you think they may have been the same? and have you seen the finer vinyl patten firewall mat which was used as well?

From original cars i have seen cooper S up to at least late 68 had a firewall vinyl that was finer grain. Some say similar to stuff to what's used for Ute tornou covers. Later, maybe Mk2? Had the course pattern. I've Never compared side by side but could well be same as the black boot floor board.

The earlier color matched boot boards had a finer grain too so maybe that was same as the earlier firewall stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:33 pm 
1275cc
1275cc

Firefirey wrote:
Hi
Would anybody have some photo's of the original underlay which is used in the Australian mini's.
Really looking for Cooper s and Clubman GT.
I've done a search and there are some photo's on Ausmini but also some have gone with photo bucket issues.
I have purchased some new Jute and Hessian to create an original look and have completed the inner boot lid area as a starting point. Very happy with finished product. Next is the under bonnet fire wall item.
Hope to get enough photo's to complete all the known area's. Have some original headlining now so will be able to replace that area as well.
The photo's will help with the correct shape/size and locations.
Cheers :)

Here are the boot floor photos you were chasing. I couldn't workout how to PM them.

This is from a one owner late 1968 S.
Attachment:
Boot Floor Soundproofing 1968 MK1S.jpg

And this from an unmolested 1970 S.
Attachment:
Boot Floor Soundproofing 1970 MK2S.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:03 am 
848cc
848cc

Just removed the original hood lining from the Mk2 S yesterday and there is a nice square of underlay glued to the turret. It came away easy, so will be able to use again. I have an a/market hood lining, but the original will clean up ok and may be able to re-install. Will see!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:46 pm 
848cc
848cc

gtogreen1969 wrote:
Firefirey wrote:
Hi
Would anybody have some photo's of the original underlay which is used in the Australian mini's.
Really looking for Cooper s and Clubman GT.
I've done a search and there are some photo's on Ausmini but also some have gone with photo bucket issues.
I have purchased some new Jute and Hessian to create an original look and have completed the inner boot lid area as a starting point. Very happy with finished product. Next is the under bonnet fire wall item.
Hope to get enough photo's to complete all the known area's. Have some original headlining now so will be able to replace that area as well.
The photo's will help with the correct shape/size and locations.
Cheers :)

Here are the boot floor photos you were chasing. I couldn't workout how to PM them.

This is from a one owner late 1968 S.
Attachment:
Boot Floor Soundproofing 1968 MK1S.jpg

And this from an unmolested 1970 S.
Attachment:
Boot Floor Soundproofing 1970 MK2S.jpg

I just love the underlay on the boot floor. How to make a Mini boot rust even faster[FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:17 pm 
848cc
848cc

irossiter wrote:
I just love the underlay on the boot floor. How to make a Mini boot rust even faster[FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]

It must have been the first thing removed by the original owners. My first Mk2 (10/69) purchased in 1976 didn't have it, my current Mk2(3/70) purchased in 1983 didn't and none of my mates' cars at the time (late 70's, 4 or 5 Mk2's, couple of mk1's) had it. I have never seen a car with it. Both of mine did have underlay under the tanks though, on the supports.