Ausmini
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:54 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:56 am 
848cc
848cc

Hello Everyone,

Based on searches of this forum I believe there are two different types of front seat mount for the classic mini in Australia (Front Cross member type and Top Cross member type)?.

If this is correct would seats from a circa 1977 Leyland Clubman (the seat is lowback and has a separate movable headrest, apparently the back rest tips forward from the base) be likely to bolt straight into a 1969 Morris Mini K ?.

There are a pair of seats available for sale I am interested in but the seller is interstate and has been unable to offer advice on this question.

Many thanks, Makes

Last edited by makes on Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:08 am 
1098cc
1098cc

I think they're all interchangeable but the later ones had hook bits that held base down. I seem to remember something was different with the last 1275LS seats, as in mounts. I'm sure you'll get the right answer from someone here soon. :-)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:06 pm 
1275cc
1275cc

I have several sets of the later clubman style seats- the tombstone and the separate sliding headrest style you mention. They all fit 1969 period minis with the bolt-on brackets on the front edge of the cross member. I agree with Peterb about the last LS seats as they appear to bolt to the top of the cross member. There are illustrations of all the seats in John Scmidt's parts book possibly available on-line as well.

The worst problems these have is the rubber diaphragm under the seat tears and the foam compresses over time.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:48 pm 
848cc
848cc

Many thanks Bill and Peter !. Your advice is very helpful and much appreciated.