Ausmini
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:42 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:21 pm 
848cc
848cc

I've been looking online at moto lita wheels and the associated bosses for 1969 morris mk2 mini.
The pictures of the boss kits arent looking similar to what is already fitted to my car.
I currently have an autotechnica wheel fitted with 6 holes attaching the wheel. The moto lita has 9 holes.
The moto lita bosses recommended look more funnelled where as the current one fitted id like the bottom half of a pint glass.
I dont want to order the wrong one from o/s due to postage costs.
I have looked atbuying locally but there is more than $100 difference in price even after factoring in exchange rates and express shipping.

Appreciate if anyone can help.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:18 pm 
1275cc
1275cc

They are designed like that so that they match up to the stock steering shroud. As long as the splines and fit on the column is ok you should be good.

Eg

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:33 pm 
848cc
848cc

Thanks for the pic.
Appreciate it.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:08 am 
998cc
998cc

I would email them (or phone) with any questions and any specific requirements. I bought mine many years ago and they were very responsive then.

You need to check that an Oz Mk 2 is the same as a Mk I ...which is the same as a UK Mk I... (I'm pretty sure they are - but it would be wise to check with an "expert".

The main issue is whether you want to use the original wheel centre horn push (although (I thought) that all Oz Mk IIs had the horn on the end of the column wand???) . Different hubs have dimensions that may or may not allow installation of the standard horn button.

The older type that does accommodate the standard centre is known as a "tulip" boss (AFAIK now only to be found on Ebay). I have the generic Motolita central horn button....

Cheers, Ian

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:51 pm 
1275cc
1275cc

Minik1969 wrote:
I've been looking online at moto lita wheels and the associated bosses for 1969 morris mk2 mini.
The pictures of the boss kits arent looking similar to what is already fitted to my car.
I currently have an autotechnica wheel fitted with 6 holes attaching the wheel. The moto lita has 9 holes.
The moto lita bosses recommended look more funnelled where as the current one fitted id like the bottom half of a pint glass.
I dont want to order the wrong one from o/s due to postage costs.
I have looked atbuying locally but there is more than $100 difference in price even after factoring in exchange rates and express shipping.

Appreciate if anyone can help.

Moto Lita's website is not easy to follow. Recently bought a set for my '66 mini and had to email and phone for clarification!
The boss for our early minis is B1. That's the funnel shaped one in Tim201 photo and it matches the narrow column shroud.
Your mini if Mk2, should have the shorter, fatter column shroud fitted to mini K, Mk2 S and later clubman.
1969 was the changeover year for these so double-check which shroud you have.
The Moto Lita boss for the later shroud is (I THINK) B25 (not A, B, C etc) I have that boss on my mini K and looks a better fit.
The B1 (funnel shape) will fit the later shroud but looks a mismatch as the diameters of the boss and shroud are very different.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:49 pm 
848cc
848cc

I used this 'tapered' boss from Performance Warehouse in Victoria for my Momo wheel, because I didn't like the look of the plastic shrouded type sold everywhere else... I think it fits fairly neatly with the Mk2 shroud. From memory they have a similar looking boss for Mota Lita pattern wheels, and a polished option.
ImageImage

Sapphire Blue Deluxe spread across three parts cars, two sheds and a driveway...