Ausmini
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:15 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:13 pm 
848cc
848cc

Good afternoon
Finally I got my favourite car back from my teens a mk2 Cooper S. I am looking for any information that may help me build up its history. The car is a 1971 mk2 built (vin) of 03/71. To my surprise it falls into the third last position on mk2 register that winabbey had posted. So I am now trying to decide to restore , leave it as is or use it as a track car.
The car has come from Emerald (qLD) to Harvey Bay and now to Melbourne . Unfortunate I havnt had time to get the correct paint code needless to say it is a dark green with a white top. The previous owners have added the Union Jack to the roof.
It also carried the number 98 on both doors. The car is currently appears to be set up as a track car. It has an alloy roll cage fitted in QLD in 1999.
Any information would be greatly appreciated
Cheers
Michael

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:31 pm 
1275cc
1275cc

With all the mods done it does stand out so it should jog someones memory.

I was told the car was Pacific Green all over by a chap who has the complete factory list of 1971 cars.

It did have the wrong chassis number listed by QLD transport but I expect that was just from someone incorrectly putting down 2991 instead of 2891.

Here is the post from when it was for sale on Just Auto and Lloyds auctions. . viewtopic.php?f=27&t=94250&hilit=2891

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:19 am 
848cc
848cc

Thank you for the colour. You are spot on regarding the vin Yes it came from Lloyds in Qld.
After looking on the mk2 register it appears to be one of the last 100 made and who knows how many are left. Any more info on its history or pictures would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks again Michael

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:56 pm 
848cc
848cc

You have a rare car there, with it's flappy handles...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:36 pm 
848cc
848cc

Yep it has flappy handles " burst proof" handles
The hard part for me is to get as much info about the car before decidingg to leave it as is or restore it
Appreciate your info any more from anybody would be greatly appreciated.
I have given it a quick run around and OMG I have missed driving a car that responds to you both handling and speed. It was a pleasure to drive that has been built and maintained by people who have cared of the car
Cheers
Michael

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:32 pm 
1275cc
1275cc

Foxy1971 wrote:
Yep it has flappy handles " burst proof" handles
The hard part for me is to get as much info about the car before decidingg to leave it as is or restore it
Appreciate your info any more from anybody would be greatly appreciated.
I have given it a quick run around and OMG I have missed driving a car that responds to you both handling and speed. It was a pleasure to drive that has been built and maintained by people who have cared of the car
Cheers
Michael
Have you spoken with Rex? The owner in 2016.
http://www.justauto.com.au/justcars/car ... JCW3955197

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:08 pm 
848cc
848cc

There was some info in the side pocket So I Rang the workshop in Harvey Bay Sunday arvo left a message ........ but no response yet . I will pursue them. The other guys in surfers paradise were helpful. I only have a po box for Rex . I will be sending off a letter to him in the near future re the cars history and if he might have any of the original parts. That I might be interested in
Really appreciate your help
Cheers

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:21 pm 
1275cc
1275cc

Foxy1971 wrote:
There was some info in the side pocket So I Rang the workshop in Harvey Bay Sunday arvo left a message ........ but no response yet . I will pursue them. The other guys in surfers paradise were helpful. I only have a po box for Rex . I will be sending off a letter to him in the near future re the cars history and if he might have any of the original parts. That I might be interested in
Really appreciate your help
Cheers
The mobile number for Rex is still in the system on the webpage above. Just put your mobile number in the request sellers details box and they will text it to you. I will PM you the number.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:42 pm 
Yay For Hay!

I'd leave it as is, it's already in much better condition than my car.... but I want that rear windscreen wiper!