Ausmini
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:15 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject: 123Ignition
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:41 pm 
848cc
848cc

Well as some of you may have seen I installed the Accuspark distributor with the stealth box. I had a very mixed review of it.

When I first put it in I thought great I had so much adjustment and just thought I didn’t know how to use it as to why my car would never run 100% correctly.

After nearly a year I gave up and yesterday installed the 123ignition. Just looking at the quality of the 2 units side by side you can see which one is better built even the cables on the 123 are 4 times as thick.

Anyway installed it yesterday fired it up hooked up the Bluetooth today and everything just works the car is running so much better and I don’t have to deal with windows 7 anymore.

ImageImageImageImage

Post subject: Re: 123Ignition
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:35 am 
848cc
848cc

Took the car for a bit of a drive and it has transformed it. Tinkered with the settings and wow what a difference. The live gauges on your phone are brilliant you can see when the advance curve changes voltage, amps, temp, rpm of course though I find the GPS speed a little slow to react.

I am able to run the idle all the way down to 700rpm and it keeps running the old accuspark had a miss fire that stopped me from running it down at all.

I think this ones s keeper

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:43 am 
848cc
848cc

Purchased from? Anything else required other than the main unit?

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:58 pm 
848cc
848cc

coopar wrote:
Purchased from? Anything else required other than the main unit?

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Bought it of Ted from. 123ignition.com.au
ordered on Friday installed on Monday afternoon

Nothing else required 3 wires 2 to the coil and one to earth just make sure you know TDC and your away

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:57 am 
848cc
848cc

I just fitted the 123tune to my 1275(1100s) engine. The car has never started so easy!
The built in immobiliser feature within the phone app was what sold me. Just got to make sure my phone doesn’t run flat whilst it’s turned on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:33 am 
848cc
848cc

Ok drove it to work today and found another cool feature you can tune it on the fly
Sitting in Sydney traffic with a low idle and a cam makes for carboned spark plugs

So with 2 click I bumped the advance curve and it bumped the idle [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:56 am 
1360cc
1360cc

oldblade wrote:
Ok drove it to work today and found another cool feature you can tune it on the fly
Sitting in Sydney traffic with a low idle and a cam makes for carboned spark plugs

So with 2 click I bumped the advance curve and it bumped the idle [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH]

I hope you pulled over first, or did it verbally hands-free so as not to incur the wrath of the authorities? :wink:

Seriously though, with all the apps now appearing for home security, travel directions and now vehicle monitoring and adjusting on the fly, and the public awareness campaigns on the trauma caused by distracted drivers I wonder if we can find a solution that satisfies everyone? There is an interesting article in today's Melbourne Herald-Sun newspaper showing the alarming results of an exercise to identify drivers using their phone manually on Melbourne freeways. The camera footage clearly shows examples of no hands on the steering wheel, looking down and other distracting events. Of course it's not really news to most of us as we all see it on the roads every day.

But back to the feature you mention, that sounds like a great innovation. :P

VMCI #43

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:04 pm 
1098cc
1098cc

Hi
Is this installed in an Aseries powered Mini

Why I ask is wondering how you connect up the temp guage, rev, etc. couldnt see how from the instruction manual on there site

Thanks

Bernard

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:20 pm 
848cc
848cc

Oops forgot to mention I was drifting through a corner and had my phone in the back seat so mid drift thought i need a little more advance so turned around grabbed my phone and changed the setting between shift from 3rd to 4th :)

What actually occurred was phone held in quad lock holder on the windscreen (hands free) and took less then answering a Bluetooth call while sat still at a set of traffic lights

I also ride motorbikes and from that point of view you can see and it is amazing how many people drive holding their phones it really is not a good thing. Scary in fact

It not just the phones though have you tried entering an address in a cars GPS lately it’s a nightmare and yet that is legal I think they should be disabled once the car is moving

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:26 pm 
1360cc
1360cc

oldblade wrote:
Oops forgot to mention I was drifting through a corner and had my phone in the back seat so mid drift thought i need a little more advance so turned around grabbed my phone and changed the setting between shift from 3rd to 4th :)

Ha ha. I can picture that now. :P

Hopefully the 123 people can make some updates so you just ask Siri and she'll do what you want to the control system. :shock:

VMCI #43

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:03 pm 
998cc
998cc

Wow Looks like more money to be spent You only live once hey :)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:31 pm 
848cc
848cc

kiwiinwgtn wrote:
Hi
Is this installed in an Aseries powered Mini

Why I ask is wondering how you connect up the temp guage, rev, etc. couldnt see how from the instruction manual on there site

Thanks

Bernard

Great question I was wonder the same thing but it works most mine is the matching number Mini Cooper s mk1 engine

I was looking at it tonight and was trying to work out how the temp gauge worked very confused

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:32 pm 
848cc
848cc

Ian_B wrote:
Wow Looks like more money to be spent You only live once hey :)

It keeps the economy going around spend up

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:36 pm 
848cc
848cc

winabbey wrote:
oldblade wrote:

Ha ha. I can picture that now. :P

Hopefully the 123 people can make some updates so you just ask Siri and she'll do what you want to the control system. :shock:

That is a brilliant idea because I’m a nerd I want to take it to the next level and I wonder if I can get a google home to start the car and warm it up

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:20 pm 
998cc
998cc

oldblade wrote:
I was looking at it tonight and was trying to work out how the temp gauge worked very confused

the easy answer is, the dizzy has a build in temp sensor. so you see "distributor temp" at the app gauge. maybe its close enough to the coolant temp, maybe not. but with some experience you will find out how much they may differ, i think.