Ausmini
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:30 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:25 pm 
998cc
998cc

I have 2 fuel tanks which have not been used for about 12 years, I decided to clean them out before I install them. When I looked inside the tanks they had the usual rust ,this could be fixed using the POR 15 tank kit. Checked the rh tank fuel outlet it was completely blocked I then spent about an hour trying to unblock the fuel pipe in the tank.No success so I cut the section out of the tank, I use a sharp knife on its side and a hammer to cut a square section out. There was also 2 spot welds to drill out. When I removed the tank fuel pipe there was a plastic filter on the end of the tank pipe. Also the tank pipe was completely blocked. The filter was R.S and I would like to let members know if you use a type of coating in your tank the filter will get blocked. Also if your mini has fuel problems this could be worth looking at. I wont fit a filter. I will replace the fuel pipe which will allow me to rod it out if I have to. Anyone had this problem ? Remember you cannot reach this plastic filter to renew.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:13 pm 
998cc
998cc

yep they often block up get a bit of coat hanger and jam in up the pipe with a pair of vice grips and knock the filter off the pipe and leave it off saves cutting the tank up :) ask bubbaclubby on hear he knows all about it :)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:33 pm 
religious status
religious status

I also had the stuff block the breather tube on the RH tank. Wondered why it stayed full....haha. but a drill bit cleared it.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:20 pm 
1098cc
1098cc

Yep the coating kit blocked my filter. Knocked the thing off and all good.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk