Ausmini
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:12 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:01 pm 
The Mini King

Mini Kingdom Online Show & Shine 2018

This was the third Show and Shine we have held, and it was very pleasing to see how many people and the large number of Minis and Mokes that turned up. It was very hot weather however from the comments so far most people enjoyed the day.

I would sincerely like to thank everyone who came along, whether as a car owner, a spectator or one of the many helpers, without whom we would not be able to make this event as relaxing and enjoyable as it seems to be. A special thanks to Grant Welsh who produced the high quality posters and for generally advertising the day on various forums.

I would also like to thank Bob Weir and the Mini Car Club for all their help in judging the various categories and allocating awards, and also for looking after the BBQ and cold drink stall. We needed to resupply food and beverages during the day so will obviously need to order more next year.

Thank You All Again

John Smidt

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:35 pm 
Oh dear, worry, worry...

HI John
It's nice of you to thank every body else for the effort they put in for YOUR show and shine, but what about giving your self a big pat on the back for the effort you put in to get this show on the road.
I was there on Friday night seeing you and Harrison ripping around the place on the fork lift moving all those skip bins and rubbish, moving thing in the factory so you could hide the bins out of sight for us, and still going on Saturday morning and then having to move it all out again for the week ahead.
I think there was 104 cars in the venue, I counted 12 out side at one stage, your venue there is ideal for this show every body is close together you don't have to walk for miles to see the cars or to chat to people about their pride and joy, the presentation of the cars and mokes is getting higher each year it really is a sight to see, so many different coloured Mini's.

So to you JOHN a very BIG thanks for a great day.
Graham Russell

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:21 pm 
1275cc
1275cc

HI John, looks like a great day!! I was there in spirit and bought online some vinyl dash trim... Just hope you have the correct screws that hold the dash cover bits ( the black metal strip things) that screw threw the dash to the demisters

Will have to get down there one day

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:48 pm 
848cc
848cc

Hi John,
as GR said, You put the show on & arranged everything, what a great effort, 116 cars & a great assortment of cars from the 6 wheeler to the light blue Woody, the Mokes, all the different Cooper S models & all theother cars that were there, that shows me that we all have a passion for what we have & do, & you John brought us all together.
I'm looking forward to the next show You put on in 2019, who knows, 130 cars next year?
Again John a big thank you from all of us that were there.
Bob F

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:46 am 
1275cc
1275cc

John was a great day and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Ran well and seems to be the biggest mini event happening in NSW after Hay (probably surpassed some years numbers)

Looking forward to next yr

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk