Ausmini
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:44 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 1:56 pm 
998cc
998cc

simon k wrote:
1071 S wrote:
I've just fitted a set of C-STR631s (I needed them NOW... and that's what a friend had on the shelf). Once you work out the angles (adjustable suspension so non-standard caster so asymmetric bushes) they just bolt straight up.

that's what I really *should* be using.... I'm want to pull a lot of caster in to it... are the 631 bushes you took out serviceable Ian? :D

I'm sure they are 8) ....I just put them in.... When I get around to installing the new pins I'll replace the 681s with the road spec 682s I've purchased..... but don't hold your breath :).. If you use your imagination the 681s may seem to feel a bit better than the knackered poly bushes they replaced but I wouldn't describe them as harsh..... so I'm no real hurry to replace them..

Beware of too much caster.. I wound mine back when I found the heavier steering to be a bit counter productive..

Cheers, Ian

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 2:27 pm 
Yay For Hay!

ahh, here I was thinking the oldies were sitting on the bench feeling neglected after being put in and then mercilessly ripped out when they were just starting to enjoy themselves

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 11:11 am 
998cc
998cc

I got a set of bushes a few weeks ago from Mini dude Matt Reid (ReadSpeed) in QLD and they were a perfect fit. As you've figured out, the ones from Mini Spares are just too long. He makes the bushes that have the "hats" on the bushes, and sleeves to the proper size and good quality too

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 10:36 pm 
religious status
religious status

From memory I machined 5mm off the inner end of the Minispares bushes, I had a NOS bush to copy.
No big deal as I have a lathe. But it's annoying having to re-engineer new parts because the supplier effed up the spec.