Ausmini
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:38 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:07 pm 
998cc
998cc

Hello All
Has anyone got a photo of the wiring set up for the stabilizer ?
I got the ignition switch wired up correctly thanks to a photo from Winnaby.
Allen

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:15 pm 
1275cc
1275cc

This is my '70 S instrument regulator.
As you look at the photo, "I" terminal (instruments - 10 volts out) on left with twin light green: 1 goes to temperature gauge; 1 goes to fuel gauge.
On the right terminal "B" (Battery - 12 or so volts in) on the regulator are twin green: 1 goes to the windscreen wiper motor; 1 comes from Fuse A4 to provide battery power to the regulator.
There is also a single Green/purple lead on this regulator - I think it is SPO41 police for the handbrake warning light, but that circuit
is not shown on my wiring diagram.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:16 pm 
1275cc
1275cc

Here is another one that I think Winabbey has posted in the past.

It shows the Dark Green 12V on the right side and the Light Green 10V on the left side.

Attachment:
Speedo%20Rear%20Voltage%20Stabiliser.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:26 pm 
1275cc
1275cc

Geez gto, where have you been. p7676's post has been unanswered for so long I had to do it!
Winabbey has much better post-production standards.
I notice that there is also the extra Green/Purple (?) lead coming off the the B terminal. Was that for the SPO41 handbrake warning light?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:39 pm 
1275cc
1275cc

Bill B wrote:
Geez gto, where have you been. p7676's post has been unanswered for so long I had to do it!
Winabbey has much better post-production standards.
I notice that there is also the extra Green/Purple (?) lead coming off the the B terminal. Was that for the SPO41 handbrake warning light?
Yeh sorry about that. I did see it late last night but forgot to get a pic until your reply popped up.

Not sure if that Green/Purple wire is the power for the handbrake warning light.The power would go to the globe first then earthed down at the switch.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:26 pm 
Yay For Hay!

Bill B wrote:
There is also a single Green/purple lead on this regulator - I think it is SPO41 police for the handbrake warning light, but that circuit
is not shown on my wiring diagram.

the wires to the brake light switch are green/purple, so that may kinda make sense - the Lucas standard for green/purple "stop lamp switch to stop lamps". Without a standard at the time, whoever was making the looms (was there a Lucas factory here?) might have picked what they thought was the most logical wire colour scheme

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:16 pm 
1275cc
1275cc

Thanks Simon.
Yes Lucas had a factory here, next to the Zetland factory for many years, supplying local content. Some time after BMC closed, Lucas became "Lucas Aerospace". That was an idea that would be too advanced to ever catch on in Australia of course......

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:38 pm 
998cc
998cc

Many thanks guys I can now sleep tonight, I really appreciate you take the time to help me .My C,S is nearly finished ,I started the engine 2 days ago and the internal door from the garage was open. She who must be was not happy
Allen

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:40 pm 
1360cc
1360cc

The handbrake warning light wire is separate to the loom. I have the drawing showing the length, size, connectors and colour code but won't get to it for 3 weeks so can't post it at the moment. This option wasn't included in any workshop manual wiring diagram.

VMCI #43

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:18 pm 
1275cc
1275cc

winabbey wrote:
The handbrake warning light wire is separate to the loom. I have the drawing showing the length, size, connectors and colour code but won't get to it for 3 weeks so can't post it at the moment. This option wasn't included in any workshop manual wiring diagram.

Well that's why I couldn't find what the wire was meant for.
I notice the reversing light circuits are included in the factory wiring diagrams, but then, they became standard later.
As I am assembling a 1966 S at the moment, I am curious why the power for windscreen wipers, for instance, came off the voltage stabiliser and not from a fuse box terminal.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:26 pm 
1275cc
1275cc

p7676 wrote:
Many thanks guys I can now sleep tonight, I really appreciate you take the time to help me .My C,S is nearly finished ,I started the engine 2 days ago and the internal door from the garage was open. She who must be was not happy
Allen

I seem to be rebuilding in a parallel universe with you. Every problem you have is the same as mine at the moment.
Just got mine running too, but my garage is up the yard!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:27 pm 
Yay For Hay!

p7676 wrote:
She who must be was not happy

I know what you mean... mine wasn't happy when I started mine without an exhaust at 3am... I'd been trying to start it at 11pm and discovered that I had the cam timing waaay wrong, I wasn't going to bed until it was fixed!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:07 pm 
1275cc
1275cc

simon k wrote:
p7676 wrote:
She who must be was not happy

I know what you mean... mine wasn't happy when I started mine without an exhaust at 3am... I'd been trying to start it at 11pm and discovered that I had the cam timing waaay wrong, I wasn't going to bed until it was fixed!

Hahaha we must have the same wife.... apparently we have neighbours and she tells me that they wont appreciate it..

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:23 pm 
848cc
848cc

Im digging this up as I'm having trouble getting my temp gauge going again. It jumps a lot. The double wire is on the 12v and the fuel gauge is working. I also have a spare green wire (can't quite tell the trace) that goes from the dash to almost the coil i think? Any ideas?

Sent from my Nokia 5.1 Plus using Tapatalk

If I'm carrying on like a pork-chop, I'm having a great time.

If I go very quiet there's a very good chance I broke something.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:31 pm 
1275cc
1275cc

bluehishouse wrote:
Im digging this up as I'm having trouble getting my temp gauge going again. It jumps a lot. The double wire is on the 12v and the fuel gauge is working. I also have a spare green wire (can't quite tell the trace) that goes from the dash to almost the coil i think? Any ideas?

Sent from my Nokia 5.1 Plus using Tapatalk

12v comes from the fuse to the B terminal and then goes to the Wiper Motor. (Green wire)

10V comes out of the I terminal and feeds the Fuel and Temp guages.(Possibly Green/Blue and Green/Black)

Try these

Attachment:
MK2 S wiring diagram.jpg

Attachment:
MK2 S wiring legend.jpg