Ausmini
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:52 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject: Re: Mini VIN
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:03 am 
1360cc
1360cc

Bill B wrote:
I really hate dealing with the 'certainty' of modern data systems.
Issues like this are probably why the car was given the wrong chassis number in the first place.
I appreciate your attention to detail and, with a heavy heart, thank you for pointing this out!
Another day on the phone.....

I would leave it as it is Bill...its registered, that's the main thing, trying to get them to correct their dumb errors is likely to raise your blood pressure :!: :D

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:16 am 
1275cc
1275cc

It could be worse, my wife’s 5 door Mazda CX-7 is registered as a “panel van with windows and seats”. It’s also FWD not 4WD :lol:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:41 pm 
1275cc
1275cc

Tim I wrote:
I'd expect it should be listed as a '1966 Morris Mini sedan' or just '1966 Morris sedan'.
It's likely the person entering the data on the screen has gone looking for 'Mini' in the list instead of 'Morris' and chosen the one that looked closest.

These are the sort of issues we have to deal with when the car is older than the person in control of the data entry :-)

Yes Tim and gtogreen, it should have been listed as MORRIS as the make, and "mini" or "cooper S" as the model
The blue slip inspector wrote MINI COOPER S so RMS took MINI to be the make, hence BMW MINI.
I am getting a 3rd blue slip written up to present to RMS for correction.
The family are getting fed up listening to my saga.
At least the inspection garage isn't charging me for the new blue slips. It is better to sort this out now rather than some future time.

I am indebted to the information and advice that has come from members on this forum.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:39 pm 
1275cc
1275cc

Frustrating isn’t it. As I said earlier when I got to the motor reg there was a boat trailer and old valiant also with same 4 digit chassis number. Once a more senior person came along they said it was ok, ...but that was a while back.

I don’t see the issue. My car is clearly not a boat trailer according to the other details they have.

Imagine how tricky it would get if there was a Standard Mini or Mini Deluxe out there wanting to get registered and it had the same Car No. as your Cooper S!!!

Technically possible but highly unlikely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:30 pm 
1275cc
1275cc

phillb wrote:
Frustrating isn’t it. As I said earlier when I got to the motor reg there was a boat trailer and old valiant also with same 4 digit chassis number. Once a more senior person came along they said it was ok, ...but that was a while back.

I don’t see the issue. My car is clearly not a boat trailer according to the other details they have.

Imagine how tricky it would get if there was a Standard Mini or Mini Deluxe out there wanting to get registered and it had the same Car No. as your Cooper S!!!

Technically possible but highly unlikely.

I totally agree, Phill. 9YaTaH has made the same point. RMS is meant to run a data base - these cars were once registered satisfactorily and their system could tell the difference between a trailer, an MGB or a Valiant.
I think it is ultimately aimed to create a process that can be accessed and charged on-line, without any human involved who would require wages.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:48 pm 
1275cc
1275cc

Hopefully the last part of the process.
Just been to ServicesNSW lounge room again, armed with the 3rd blue slip. Filled in Alteration to Records doc.
Thanks to an earlier gtogreen pointer, the new rego was almost listed as a MINI69A but I suggested there should also be a MINI65B for Mk1 category in their system, which the officer found. New Rego Certificate which I hope is finally correct.
Sigh...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:56 pm 
1275cc
1275cc

Bill B wrote:
Just been to ServicesNSW lounge room again, armed with the 3rd blue slip. Filled in Alteration to Records doc.
Thanks to an earlier gtogreen pointer, the new rego was almost listed as a MINI69A but I suggested there should also be a MINI65B for Mk1 category in their system, which the officer found. New Rego Certificate which I hope is finally correct.
Sigh...
Email sent mate.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:00 am 
1360cc
1360cc

Bill B wrote:
Sigh...

Heeee heee...that's fine until BINI bring out the new MINI 65 classic Mini tribute model! :P :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:51 am 
1275cc
1275cc

False hope. Yesterday it got changed from 2014 MINI to a Morris mini Deluxe.
Another trip to the ServicesNSW lounge room today and it is now a Morris Cooper S, according to rego check.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:16 pm 
1360cc
1360cc

Bill B wrote:
False hope. Yesterday it got changed from 2014 MINI to a Morris mini Deluxe.
Another trip to the ServicesNSW lounge room today and it is now a Morris Cooper S, according to rego check.

and the Patience in the Face of Complete and Utter Stupidity Award goes to...Billby!

Meanwhile, the fakers just keep on faking :roll:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.