Ausmini
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:00 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 3:38 am 
848cc
848cc

To whom it may concern..
If silly negative unsolicited comments on things are what floats your boat then maybe it's time to find a new hobby..
Mini people are supposed to be cool not sad bitchy weirdos with nothing to do but bag fellow enthusiasts...
Get on twitter or facebook or some other crappy place to vent your frustrations and keep Ausmini for mini people interested in mini's, not frustrated cowards hiding behind the keyboard

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:03 am 
1098cc
1098cc

What brought this on.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:24 am 
848cc
848cc

I saw his ad on Gumtree yesterday morning and put it up here thinking I was doing the right thing as there may have been a member here who was interested, but as normal there were some comments made and the seller who was also a member of this site took umbrage. I think I will stop putting things up here that I see that may be of interest to members.

Graham

Of all the things I have lost, I miss my mind the most.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:36 am 
1360cc
1360cc

2lateagain wrote:
I saw his ad on Gumtree yesterday morning and put it up here thinking I was doing the right thing as there may have been a member here who was interested, but as normal there were some comments made and the seller who was also a member of this site took umbrage. I think I will stop putting things up here that I see that may be of interest to members.

Graham

Please continue to post things like this. That's what a forum is for. People can comment in whatever way they like so long as the comments are respectful and meet the forum rules.

I didn't see anything posted in that thread that was in any way personal or nasty.

VMCI #43

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:12 am 
848cc
848cc

In both threads re this car the only person who seems to have a problem and being negative is the owner.

1968 MG Midget

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:49 am 
848cc
848cc

I get your perception that there is a bunch of nay sayers if you like.

In my short time on this site and in the community, these people are far out weighed by genuine mini enthusiasts. These are the people that you should be appealing to, talking to and with. In my view there is heaps of admiration for owners with a gorgeous car like your example.

Those that want to have a dig, so be it, let that go mate.

All in all, that rare car you had looked amazing and to learn more about true heritage on cars like this is priceless.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:25 pm 
1098cc
1098cc

I'm a sad bitchy wierdo......Still love my mini tho.

Hopefully you bunch of miserable bastards will let me stay for a while longer.

1962 Mini Speed sports sedan
1968-71 ex-Peter Manton Shell car

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 3:17 pm 
1360cc
1360cc

low n blown wrote:

:lol: :oops:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:47 am 
1275cc
1275cc

low n blown wrote:

and apparently a very fit and strong looking guy... ( according to my inlaws ) BTW thanks for dropping the trim off, this morning! :D :D

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:27 am 
1098cc
1098cc

"silly negative unsolicited comments"
Its been a Ausmini trait for many years.

Thankfully the efforts of people like Doug have toned it down here these days. But the self proclaimed know it all's are still around, and continue to make the Mini scene a horrible place to be.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:54 pm 
1275cc
1275cc

negative you ignore .. funny ones you laugh at . serious you absorb ,

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:50 pm 
Bimmer Twinky

"""But the self proclaimed know it all's are still around, and continue to make the Mini scene a horrible place to be."""

i am not "self-proclaimed" :-) :-) :-)

edit--> oops, sorry,,, yes i am :-)

You should put your heart & soul into everything you do.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:52 pm 
848cc
848cc

frednutz&co wrote:
negative you ignore .. funny ones you laugh at . serious you absorb ,

Yeah, good balance is essential.

Thumbs up to Doug who has more balance than you would find in an Olympic gym final.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:50 pm 
1275cc
1275cc

850man wrote:
"silly negative unsolicited comments" (1) Its been a Ausmini trait for many years.

( Yes , but it doesn't have to be , there has been a lot of very knowledgable mini people on here over the years and there still are , it helps people like me and others learn from their experience and input , very much appreciated , it would be good if they would return every now and again as it would no doubt help future mini nuts :idea: )
850man wrote:
( 2 ) Thankfully the efforts of people like Doug have toned it down here these days.

( That he does , we are lucky to have people like Doug to give their time to help run this place, i'm sure it takes a lot of their time . )
850man wrote:
( 3 ) But the self proclaimed know it all's are still around, and continue to make the Mini scene a horrible place to be.

Yeah i wouldn't describe the mini scene as a horrible place to be , more the opposite , the amount of people that come and check out your car at a show / run / event ,especially the young kids , they just love our cars, which is cool it gives you a good feeling .

Not having a go Dave , just commenting on what i've seen over the years from this end :wink: .

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:43 pm 
848cc
848cc

I raced my Appendix J Cooper S (aka 850) for 20 years and I must say that the number of loud, arrogant and ignorant people who say they are Mini enthusiasts was astounding. Nearly every race meeting we would have some idiot come up with his mates and off he would go. "That can't be a Cooper S as it has sliding windows"........."1964? They didn't make Cooper S until 1965! must be a fake!" "where is the twin tank? All Cooper S have twin tanks!" "An Austin? Who ever heard of an Austin Mini? " Their mates would stand there slightly embarrassed at the display. Eventually they would move on and a genuine enthusiast would walk up and ask question such as is it a real Austin? Is it a 1071? Did I import it from England?

So yes I have seen both sides. Just like XU1 Toranas and GTHOs our little Mini can sometimes prove to be a dickhead magnet.

Only way to cope is laugh at the dickheads (never argue) and spend quality time with the genuine enthusiasts who you can learn from.

HRS