Ausmini
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:25 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject: Hydraulic'd pick-up
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 8:38 pm 
998cc
998cc

hey guys, i was reading the april issue of "mini mag" (the english one incase there are others) and in the section where they are submitting their top 45 minis number 37 is a mini pick that has had hydraulics installed. It says that the mini was featured in the Dec '01 issue. Does anyone have that issue that theyd consider selling me or even photocopy/fax/email me the article. Or does anyone know if the guy who's mini it is has anything on the web. Im really interested in getting this done to mine at some stage so any info would be great.
thanks
trent
(kasperflipped)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 9:07 pm 
848cc
848cc

I've got this edition of the mag, i'll get it scanned tomorrow and stick the pics up on the net.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 3:41 am 
1275cc
1275cc

Ahhh, the hydro ute......i've been searching the web for a year and have not found a site dedicated to this particular mini.... Even mini-show photos have not produced anything ......other than this one....

Pretty crappy picture, but its the only one in my 3000+ collection.....

I remember looking into this a long while back, when planning my roadster, cos i wanted to have in-cabin adjustment of ride height....

I was reading up on another hydro mini, it was a tray top mini ute with twin rear subframes and 6 wheels. The hydro system was borrowed from a Citroen DX16 and adapted to the mini's hydro syspension system, and was apparrently pretty easy to install... i bet it wasnt cheap though... It was featured in Mini World, November 1998, Page 6....

You could make a crude version using a standard mini hydro setup.... replace the original filler valves with some solenoid valves,, a pump to pressurise it, and a tank for the fluid reserve.......perhaps????? This could give you the ability to ride high or low, or lean to one side.... you couldn't lift just the front or back though..... and definitely NO HOPPING..... it'll go BANG!!!!!!

The major downside is the mini suspension design - bump steer. Changing the ride height will change the toe angle on the front wheels, causing excessive tyre wear and poor steering control..... but who cares when you can go hydro 8)