It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:51 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject: Paint question
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:23 pm 
848cc
848cc

Attachment:
IMG_7742.JPG

Just picked this up at local paint shop. They tell me its is a good quality epoxy but never heard of the brand but I am not a painter. Has anyone used this.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post subject: Re: Paint question
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:27 am 
1275cc
1275cc

Google the name. Owned by a large Dutch-Norwegian corporation who also own Sikkens and Dulux etc. Whether the paint is good will be a matter of opinion when you've used it.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:18 pm 
848cc
848cc

Bill B wrote:
Google the name. Owned by a large Dutch-Norwegian corporation who also own Sikkens and Dulux etc. Whether the paint is good will be a matter of opinion when you've used it.

The auto paint store is a Sikken agent so that would explain it. Let's hope it is ok every thing is rebranded these days. Staff at store are helpful and we'll versed in there products so will just have to see how it goes.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:55 pm 
848cc
848cc

i used it on bare metal after shell was sandblasted nearly 3 years ago
paint got finished just last week,panel beater said it was fine as did the painter
paint job done in 2k and came out great
wayne

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 2:46 pm 
1275cc
1275cc

I have always tried to use the same brand for each of the stages in painting including thinners, unless I know from experience that, for instance, one brand of primer will work with another brand topcoat etc.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 6:06 am 
848cc
848cc

Barney Rubble wrote:
i used it on bare metal after shell was sandblasted nearly 3 years ago
paint got finished just last week,panel beater said it was fine as did the painter
paint job done in 2k and came out great
wayne

Thanks Wayne I think mine will be I under coat for a while to so good to hear that some else has used it long term.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 6:14 am 
848cc
848cc

Bill B wrote:
I have always tried to use the same brand for each of the stages in painting including thinners, unless I know from experience that, for instance, one brand of primer will work with another brand topcoat etc.

Should be able to use all there product including filler as the are stocked at my local shop.
The few times I have sprayed anything the other stores that I purchased paint from always sold my different primers and top coat never had any problems with them, but was always concerned that a problem would occur.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 6:23 am 
848cc
848cc

hey lyddo
panel beater went back to bare metal in a number of places and found no surface rust underneath
painter said if put just one more coat on he would not have had to use any spray putty as it sanded back very well hope this helps panel beater did use 3m fillers because that’s what he likes
hope this helps
wayne

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 1:35 pm 
848cc
848cc

Barney Rubble wrote:
hey lyddo
panel beater went back to bare metal in a number of places and found no surface rust underneath
painter said if put just one more coat on he would not have had to use any spray putty as it sanded back very well hope this helps panel beater did use 3m fillers because that’s what he likes
hope this helps
wayne

Thanks have read that there under coats are good and reasonable priced too, might be awhile before I will need a top coat though.