Ausmini
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:35 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject: trim height of car 1970
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:47 pm 
998cc
998cc

Hello All,
After having the displacers evacuated and refilled .I have noticed the drivers side of the car is 8mm lower than the passengers side at the front. Question, can I lower one side of the car by pushing in the valve like a push bike tyre or do I have to get the fluid evacuated by the machine ????
Allen

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:23 pm 
1275cc
1275cc

p7676 wrote:
Hello All,
After having the displacers evacuated and refilled .I have noticed the drivers side of the car is 8mm lower than the passengers side at the front. Question, can I lower one side of the car by pushing in the valve like a push bike tyre or do I have to get the fluid evacuated by the machine ????
Allen
Yes you can push the valve in and drop the pressure. It will probably only need a half a second burst. Make sure you cover it with a rag and use some eye protection. Just dont go too far and drop it onto the bump stops. 2 or 3 fingers tyre to guard height is ok.

But before doing all that just check the drivers side is not leaking first.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:48 am 
1275cc
1275cc

Ditto gtogreen's comments.
The ride height always moves around slightly after a pump-up and often needs adjustment.
The leaks can be seen inside the dust cap on the schrader valve if stem seal is lose. With a torch look down the to the base of the hose where it joins the front displacer. The dish-shape there can hold leaking fluid and prevent it from dripping onto the ground so you won't notice a problem.
The most common leaks on a newly rebuilt car are between hose nuts and the unions and may need just an extra nip to seal.
Unlike an oil leak, the fluid evaporates in a day and is hard to detect unless fresh.