Ausmini
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:26 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:53 pm 
848cc
848cc

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone had some pictures or measurements of the external sun visor, particularly the full metal ones.

Any information such as measurements of the span (across the width) between the upper mounting points and likewise between the lower mounting points would be great - believe these would be the most useful.

The two only decent pictures I have are of a gumtree ad, which had a used one. This ad had some great photos, but it was posted years ago. This photo provided is the only remnant of it I can find. From memory this visor had either a BMC sticker, or embossing underneath it.

The other photo is from a mini meet up. It is a "Dream Blue" Morris Mini Deluxe with sun visor, some detail of the mount can be seen, but not to great detail.

Like I said any detailed pictures and measurements would be greatly appreciated and would also help others in the future, as there is no resource for dimensions etc.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:57 pm 
1360cc
1360cc

To answer your question appropriately I need to ask why you want to know the dimensions and measurements? Are you looking to make your own visor, or perhaps checking a visor to see if it suits your car?

The outer visor brackets have either two or three mounting bolts that attach to the top of the seam so the width is the distance between the seams. The number and exact position of the holes will depend on the type of visor.

Here's the BMC factory accessory visor that was fitted to my car.

Attachment:
Sunvisor b.jpg

Attachment:
Sun Visor Holes Front Seam.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

VMCI #43

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:47 am 
848cc
848cc

Thank you Winabbey,

Yes, I decided to post this thread for those with no access to measurements. I have seen the odd car visor for sale online, but determining if it is an appropriate fit for the Mini is really hard.
I would love to get some measurements from your mesh example. Measuring seam to seam on car is hard as the windcreen curves, so trusting your own judgement is a bit questionable.

Would it be possible for you to take measurements across the span at the different fixing points?

I have also read that there are two types of attaching mechanisms: the three bolt style that you have, and a clamp style?

Thanks for the photos so far though.