Ausmini
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:55 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject: Newby Questions!
PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:37 pm 
848cc
848cc

I'm hoping someone can help me to remove the exterior door handles on my Deluxe. Do you really have to remove the window and 1/4 vent windows? I have tapped the square lock shaft pin out and removed the circlip but wriggling the arm off the door handle is proving tough.
On another task I have dropped the sub frame and removed the old rack to replace it with a new one. Two questions, should I add oil to it? The supplier was a little vague, their website says 200mls but when I rang them they said is was up to me? I'm thinking I might add 100mls as a compromise. Second question, when I lowered the sub-frame I found there is some tough looking rubber matting between the frame and where it bolts under the floor below you feet, I'm guessing someone's attempt to reduce vibration. Do I leave it or take it out?
Thanks all.

Post subject: Re: Newby Questions!
PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:43 pm 
1275cc
1275cc

1. I don't think you need to remove the glass to get to the door handle/escutcheon plate only. But the door latch (the part with the tongue in it) has to come out to access the 3 screws holding the outer escutcheon to the door. There is a chrome button facing the inside of the car needs removing and a screw head is visible. It is holding a square peg that ties the large interlocking lever to the door latch. Remove the square peg.
Then remove the 3 screws facing the inside of the car that hold the latch. The latch can be removed from the door by forcing it towards the front of the car and under the large interlocking lever. The 3 screws holding the door escutcheon can be seen and almost undone.

2. Is the rack a rebuilt one or a completely new one which will be imported? Some modern racks just use grease. Older Australian made racks used oil. The seller should be better informed to help you. Ask again for an answer.

3. The factory only fitted 4 pieces of felt between the subframe and firewall, not around the steering rack or under the car where the subframe bolted directly to the floor area. Photo of the 2 pieces fitted to radiator side of subframe. 2 others on driver's side.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.