Ausmini
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:11 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 5:55 pm 
848cc
848cc

I have installed the Mangoletso Linkage Kit on my 45 DCOE. I fired it up expecting to make some finer adjustments but the engine revved straight to 4,000rpm without any accelerator pedal application. I immediately turned the engine off but no matter what adjustments I made the engine would rev hard as soon as it fired. Obviously I'm not going to drive the car until I have this issue sorted. Anyone experts located on the Brisbane southside who could drop in and give me a hand?

Mark

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:34 pm 
998cc
998cc

Not able to visit southside sorry, but my clues may assist. In my first effort at this i was having intermittent high idle

Have you the extended version of the accelerator cable.? If it is the top mounted Mamgoletsi mechanism, it directs the cable to the far side ( passenger side) and you may be tight before you start. If it is not the top mounted thingy then please excuse this dribble.

I first determined how much cable was drawn from idle to full throttle ( no tension at all in cable to full throttle- and make sure you really are at full throttle - i used a phone piccy to see whether the butterfly was fully open - at first try it was only about 90 percent open) - i just used two dobs of white out on the cable to get a length of travel required. - didn't have this connected to the accelerator pedal at this point - just cable connected at trunnion end

Then i took the whole carb off with the linkage in place , and fiddled the solid lever arm adjustments to get a) full open and then fiddled springs to get b) full closed- i did have to use the carb's thottle stop screw as well as the mixtures to get it to idle

Check that the whole,mechanism can move freely - as in my first instance as the lever arm went over the top there was an interference - this hindered going onto the throttle but also at times stuck on the way back - idling at 4000rpm as you say . I think i did a slight adjustment or bend to get clearance and also repositioned one of the return springs

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:05 pm 
848cc
848cc

Thanks FNQ. Yes it is the top mount with the accelerator cable on the passenger side of the carby. I initially tightened the accelerator cable so the pedal was at idle. I will have a play tomorrow and put some slack in the cable and go from there.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:53 pm 
Causing or creating vexation

The correct way to set up a throttle cable is so that when the pedal is flat on the floor you are at 99% throttle.
If you set it too tight you will break the cable.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:26 pm 
848cc
848cc

Hi Mark I recently fitted one of the Mangoletsi top mount linkages on a Weber DCOE. When I initially set it up roughly I was only getting about 3/4 throttle. So I held the throttle pedal flat to the floor and then pulled the cable through with hand tension while I used the adjustment in the linkage to vary the ratio between the throttle pedal and the carby linkage until the travel at the pedal would deliver 100% throttle when fully depressed. It seemed to have worked fine with no sticking. The only thing I have noticed is that even with the Weber internal spring and the twin springs on the linkage, the pedal feels lighter than the single spring I had on my old single SU...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:00 am 
848cc
848cc

TartanRed wrote:
Hi Mark I recently fitted one of the Mangoletsi top mount linkages on a Weber DCOE. When I initially set it up roughly I was only getting about 3/4 throttle. So I held the throttle pedal flat to the floor and then pulled the cable through with hand tension while I used the adjustment in the linkage to vary the ratio between the throttle pedal and the carby linkage until the travel at the pedal would deliver 100% throttle when fully depressed. It seemed to have worked fine with no sticking. The only thing I have noticed is that even with the Weber internal spring and the twin springs on the linkage, the pedal feels lighter than the single spring I had on my old single SU...

Thanks. I think I've solved my setup issue.

If your pedal feels light you can adjust the spring tension on the linkage to achieve a better feel.