Ausmini
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:16 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:28 am 
848cc
848cc

Hi Everyone,

I happen to spot this one owner 70' Mini K in Mudgee which has been handed down from the original owner (Grand Mother), Daughter and then onto to her Grand Daughter and has pretty well been in the region since brand new.

I spoke to the Grand Daughter's Mother who happened to be driving the car while her Daughter was overseas and she did mention that she gets countless offers to buy the car, especially if there's a Mini enthusiast in town (go figure!...LOL), however they were not interested in selling the car.

The only damage to the car in all the years of their ownership has been a slight dent in the front moustache grill mould which happened when the car was parked in town one day when a person had reversed back into the car, without leaving any of their details.

It's a great time capsule and the lady mentioned that it was up to her Daughter if she wanted to sell the car in the future.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:45 pm 
998cc
998cc

When we were in Mudgee recently we spoke with the owner too , couldn't help ourselves and spent a little time doing some simple adjustments for her to make the car more and easier to use she couldn't believe how easy and quick they were to do we told her it was easy when you know how , very interesting to work on an original car .

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2018 8:37 pm 
1098cc
1098cc

Looks like driver's guard has been resprayed

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:08 am 
1360cc
1360cc

or they started polishing the time machine, then stopped, thinking that they should instead leave it in its "as found" state :P

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2018 1:22 pm 
Yay For Hay!

9YaTaH wrote:
or they started polishing the time machine, then stopped, thinking that they should instead leave it in its "as found" state :P

"found" from what? the dealer in 1970?

there's a similar looking car in Yarraville - though with screwed on plastic flares, on club plates, parked in the street and deteriorating rapidly

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:50 pm 
1360cc
1360cc

simon k wrote:
"found" from what? the dealer in 1970?

there's a similar looking car in Yarraville - though with screwed on plastic flares, on club plates, parked in the street and deteriorating rapidly

In 1970, it would have looked a hell of a lot prettier...EVEN...in Camino Gold :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:18 pm 
848cc
848cc

Hope she decides to sell it.