Ausmini
It is currently Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:40 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 288 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20
 Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:28 am 
998cc
998cc

Irish Yobbo wrote:
...Of course if your engineer says to replace it, then replace it. ..

It's not my engineer who specified the collapsible column. I applied for an extension of the modification approval with the Dept of Transport here in W.A. and it came back re-approved but with the an additional requirement of the column - which was not present in the original approval. I did phone them and try and discuss the point of ADR compliance and got shut down very quickly. It was their way or the highway...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:43 am 
1098cc
1098cc

Any plans on what column you're going to use?

Barina columns have been done a few times (a good thread here) and there are some aftermarket options that look very nice, but are also quite expensive.

I haven't discussed with my engineer if he's happy with the current column or not, but I'm considering the barina conversion, since it's probably safer, and my wife would like power steering.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:10 am 
998cc
998cc

I will be using the Toyota Starlet column that came with my front cut. I will need to shorten the column (but still retain the collapsible structure) but I'm not concerned abut the lack of power steering.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 288 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20